Wednesday, March 15, 2017

First convention of 2017: The Big Event

Not only my first con of 2017, but my first wrestling con in ages. To me this con was more of a social event than a combo event, especially since I needed very little from here. Some lower names, some "you never know" names, and a couple of upgrades.

As I woke up in the freezing cold, Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker decided to sleep more in the car. More power to her. Met up with Greg and Lanza as we stood outside in the freezing cold waiting to get in. Got in and had to wait in another line to buy wristbands. But was good to be inside. 

Throughout I saw markedout members Ira, Woodmo, HeelOrton, former members Lucas and Tiscione (who also brought his girl), among others. Met ICW for the first time. Also saw promoters K&S, James of LOTR who lost a lot of weight, Bill Paley, Blaustein, and others. Notorious combo hunter Matt Calicchio was a vendor who brought in Alberto Del Rio and Paige. Damn it really has been ages since I've been at a wrestling cons thankfully I got both Alberto and Paige on the street several times so didn't have to bother with them. 

While walking around a few of my fans recognized me saying things like "oh it's markedout in the house" and "I wanna stalk you for a selfie"

On the valid side, Rosita was at her table and saw me and told me hi and waved me hello, remembering me from the railing at the Summer Slam hotel last year. I also went up to So Cal Val and she told me hello (she always recognizes me). 

First get was Mike Bennett. Then upgraded my Ryback shot (my only other shot is over the table as Skip Sheffield). Got a Kingdom group shot which turned out pretty nice but was painful to see HeelOrton and others mooch it after the show. PUNCH. Then got Melissa Santos and former Rosebud Mandy Rose as "you never know" names. 

Spit with Lanza both a first time Tito Ortiz and an upgrade with Steve McMichael. Rounded up Big Event with a "you never know" name in Donovan Dijak. 

Vanessa and others opted to stay till after the show and mooch. But with the arctic weather out there I chose to simply cut my stay and head out of NYC. 

Ryback

Tito Ortiz

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment