Friday, March 31, 2017

First WWE endeavor of 2017

When I do WWE I like to make it count, even if it means a little extra suffering. In the past I've used fishing as an analogy for combo hunting. You are going into the ocean and hoping to catch "fish". Now with WWE I normally can do it one of two ways. I can go on a convenient fishing boat, set sail, and hope to catch some. I would spend hours upon hours and get maybe 5-10 fish with a lot of time and struggle while on a fishing boat. 

The other way is to climb a very inconveniently located mountain and and put in the time and suffering to climb that mountain. But on the top of that mountain is a barrel with every fish that is available. And from then on it's effortlessly shooting fish in a barrel. This method yields like 30 fish with minimal time put in compared to the previous method. 

The latter is the method I normally choose. 

Before hitting the main spot, I try for another spot just to check it out. I also met up with Scorpion faced Tony who I hadn't seen in person for 10 years! Unfortunately it seems only crew are staying there. I got a photo op with Jimmy Jacobs of ROH fame and had Ranjin Singh be the first ever auto on my WWE_E V3. 

Called it a night, drove to the main spot, slept for like 3 hours in the car, got up, and readied myself. A few notes, for a lot of these people I didn't bother with a photo op as I didn't need it or it would have been a downgrade (hat/shades) or I had to skip entirely as I had to prioritize due to multiple people coming through. And unless otherwise stated the item I got signed would be the WWE_E V3. 

It started relatively slow and calm, but I knew the time frame when people would really begin to show up. At first we were 5 people but then the couple left early missing most everything. So throughout most of the time we were only 3 people! It was sooo beautiful!  

Got Apollo Crews combo (update photo op) who loved a selfie with my camera (as you can tell by his smile). Baron Corbin arrives and I get a combo (upgrade). Bray Wyatt signed two entries for me (his own and the family entry). I had no need for a Bray shades shot. Alicia Foxx came through with full sun hat and shades but thankfully didn't need to get that. Got her to sign.

Some 205 Live people began to show up which made me happy as I needed them. In one sweep I got photo ops with TJ Perkins, Mustafa Ali, Ariya Daivari, Akira Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, and Noam Dar. The second sweep i got photo ops with Tony Nese and Drew Gulak. Drew had a hoodie when I got my first shot but then I got a retake when he took the hoodie off. Sadly I found out Cedric Alexander and a couple of other 205 Live guys walked by us. PUNCH.

Neville who used to be the nicest guy nastily blew off an autograph. When I saw that I didn't bother asking him. Wow what happened to him?  

More autos in Natalya, Tony Chimel, and Jamie Noble. Saw the Road Dog Jesse James and got him on the New Age Outlaws entry and his Mattel figure. Missed Michael Hayes because I didn't get to his entry in time (I didn't have it listed on my spreadsheet as I thought he was no longer on the road). 

The Vaudevillains come through. First Aiden English and he is as nice as can be. I get the combo. Now I heard lots and lots of horror stories about Simon Gotch. So I braced for the worst. I ask him for the photo op and he does it no issue. When I asked for the auto he turns around and tells me "sorry I don't sign" and I go "ok". Wow sure not what I expected. He did the photo op and politely declined the auto. That's a lot more than many. 

Pick up Daniel Bryan combo (update photo op) who is nice as can be. Even asked to burrow my blue sharpie to sign someone's figure saying this would look best in blue. Photo op with Adam Pearce of ROH fame and combo with the super nice Mojo Rawley (upgrade photo op). 


Viktor completely rejects and ignores (again, used to be so nice). Konnor I got to sign. Dolph Ziggler and Tyler Breeze both signed. Now comes a motherload. Ryhno, Heath Slater, James Ellsworth, Jason Jordan, and one or two more I'm probably forgetting. They all see us and shout out "ohh noo" Well now I have to prioritize. First I score my photo op Jason Jordan. Someone goes "tag champ right there, Gable also coming through" I ask where Gable is they say he's coming. Another guy I need is Ellsworth as we trap him he yells "guys, help" to the rest as they all walk away. Ellsworth does photo ops no problem. 

I then get combos with Becky Lynch, Chad Gable, and Mickie James. All nice as can be. Then Miz and Maryse came through. Rather than shoot for autos I decide to shoot for the dual op. I ask Miz if I could have a shot in between both of them and he goes "oh you sure can" in a semi sarcastic tone. We all get the dual op! While this is happening both Carmella and Alexa Bliss pass by and Miz points them out saying "here's Carmella and Alexa Bliss" and they wave at us and continue to dash away. I tell Miz that I got them before and then Miz yells "what, you don't want the autographs of Carmella and Alexa Bliss". 

Usos were both dicks. But I did get Naomi to sign. Arn Anderson also a total dick. Erick Rowan signed for me and Luke Harper a total dick (another nice one that was soured up)

Got autographs from David Otunga and JBL. Got combos from Brian Kendrick, Curt Hawkins, and Dean Ambrose (all three update photo ops). After this the other two fans decide to call it (one of them ended up being late for work due to WWE combos). I waited a bit more, then used the bathroom. As I was leaving I notice Rich Swann and one other guy. As they're checking in they notice me waiting with my camera. After they're done they both look at me as they wait for me to make a move. I then asked for selfies. I get the other guy (who I believe is one of the masked 205 live guys as he covered his face) and I get a Swann update. 

While I'm sadly missing Wrestlemania and a little jealous seeing photos from Orlando on Facebook, I'm very happy with this wrestling haul. 4-5 hours well spent. Plus I have other combo endeavors around the time of Wrestlemania so it's not a big deal. 

Jack Gallagher

Maryse and The Miz

Full list of photo ops part 1


Full list of photo ops part 2

A figure of the D-O-Double G


Autographs added to the WWE_E V3

Aiden English
Alicia Fox
Apollo Crews
Baron Corbin
Becky Lynch
Bray Wyatt (solo and family entries)
Bryan Kendrick
Chad Gable
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Jame Noble
JBL
Konnor
Micke James
Mojo Rawley
Naomi
Natalya
Ranjin Singh
Road Dogg Jesse James (Outlaws entry)
Tony Chimel
Tyler Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment