Monday, July 9, 2018

Jersey Cons: Chiller Theater and East Coast Comic Con



Also, some people I wanted at January's Hollywood Show ended up at Chiller, but I don't regret Hollywood Show for two reasons. First of all not all of my Hollywood Show wants came to Chiller, and second those that did were more expensive at Chiller so the difference would have easily been the plane ticket I paid.

As I was driving to Chiller I get a tip from markedout's HeelOrton for a John Densmore flight. I have him but don't like my shot. Luckily the time he called gave me just enough time to scramble for some merch. Arrive at Chiller and meet up with HeelOrton and friends at the Vinnie Vincent line. I split the photo op with a NYC combo hunter I know and thanks to that it was very affordable. Then we head to the airport for Densmore. He wasn't that nice but we all get photo ops and combos.

Then it was back to Chiller, I got Ernie Hudson to sign a Ghostbusters item for someone else. Then it was time to get my photo ops. I start with the old timers and get Lee Grant who said I was "cute" and even held my face in a photo op.

I got more photo ops that I didn't think would be moochable such as the Third Rock from the Sun actors. Also got Warrington Gilllette to sign from F13th items for Scorpion Faced Tony. Also got Sonny Chiba for Tony.

When it was time to mooch I got some names I would have paid for which was good. And also hit it off with the actress I talked about earlier. 

Chiller Theater Day 1

Signed Doors photo


This day I would get my top want at Chiller, namely Stepfanie Kramer from Hunter. I met hunter himself so it was awesome to meet her. Raj Singh needed like 4 different takes to get a valid shot. Finally got a Bladerunner name who has eluded me, Joanna Cassidy. Split a few photo ops with Greg.

After I got my Chiller names I went to East Coast Comic Con. My splitter backed out of the show so I was dreading the price of the pro op price for my main want there, David Soul. When I got there he was thankfully doing $40 table ops. Wow HUGE bullet dodged. Of course splitting that would have been better but given what I was facing I am ever so grateful for this. To boot, the next day there were NO table ops! Wow I REALLY lucked out big time!

After this I got some Warrior names I didn't have, got a photo op with a director of Batman animated, and comic book writer/creator Roy Thomas. 

Back to Chiller where I mooch a Grease group shot and spent the rest of the evening with the valid actress. I decided to bag NYC for two reasons. 1) the valid actress in question and 2) I had lots of NYC endeavors coming up so I figured I'd rest from NYC this time.

Grease Group op (Edd Byrnes, Eddie Deezen, Randy Kleiser, Lorenzo Lamas, Dinah Manoff, Susan Buckner, Barry Pearl, Didi Conn, and Jamie Donnelly)

Stepfanie Kramer


Joanna Cassidy

David Soul

Chiller Theater Day 2 part 1

Chiller Theater Day 2 part 2

East Coast Comic Con

No comments:

Post a Comment