Monday, July 9, 2018

The Great Philadelphia Comic Con

Woke up Sunday morning in Jersey at the Chiller hotel, left, set the GPS to avoid all tolls, and headed to Oaks. My main want there was actually Steve Whitmire who took over the voice of Kermit after Jim Hansen died. Taylor Gray of Star Wars Rebels who has eluded me for a while was there so was good to finally get that.

I arrive and hang out with markedout board member OverTheTop.

First thing I notice is holy hell those prices are insane. I couldn't believe it. Chiller was better which is saying something. BUT being Sunday I managed to negotiate with a few people and for some I also split combo prices. One actually allowed me to mooch her. Namely Romy Sharf who played Alpha in Power Rangers. I tried to get her for half the photo op price then she left her table and told me to get a shot as she is leaving. I ended up skipping a lot of the more minor names due to prices. What should have been $20 combos at best were $40 an item!

Left the con, set the GPS to avoid tolls, went home.

Steve Whitmire

Full list of Philly photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment