Saturday, April 20, 2019

Having Breakfast with The Terminator

Towards the end of march I set a quest for Emilio Estevez of Breakfast Club fame, Young Guns, and lots more. Before that, start off at a spot to try for Arnold Schwarzenegger. While waiting I get another shot with Chris Mathews. Arnold enters the spot and does nothing for anyone. And leaving is not much better. He does nothing for all waiting and enters his car.

Find out about the next spot for Arnold. This time we are only two people. And Arnold leaves and we get combos! I got him on my Terminator laserdisc already signed by James Cameron. This is my second Arnold op as I got my first one in 2010. 

On to the next spot for Emilio Estevez. We all wait outside and he eventually comes in but says he has to "work". Of course he then just hangs inside and doing nothing. I sat through the q&a (which wound up being a valuable combo related move, more on that later). After the q&a we run around the building till we finally figure out where he's coming out from. It is ULTRA chaotic and only a few of us manage to get photo ops as he says no autographs. It was very rushed and anyone was lucky to get anything. 

Go on to the next spot for some music names. Sadly I miss Dave Mustaine of Megadeth by like a minute. Already have him but wanted the upgrade. I get Eric Johnson and Frank Zappa's son. Then Billy Cox (who played with Jimi Hendrix) goes to his bus and doesn't do an op. He then leaves his bus to go back to the venue as he lost his cell phone. On his way back out I get a photo op. Then I get a photo op with Chris Layton. This ended the evening.

Now normally I would have been happy with my Emilio photo op, but I had a Young Guns laserdisc signed by 3 people! I couldn't let Emilio go without getting that done. Plus 2 of my buddies didn't get him at all. Thanks to info divulged by Emilio himself during the q&a, he basically pointed me in the right direction in regards to his flight out. So thanks to his own words, I was able to easily find his early flight (which turned out to be early in the morning).

Of the 2 people I mentioned that didn't get him, I sleep at the place of one of them while the other decides to spend the night at the airport. It's now the crack of dawn, we go to the airport and wait. Finally see him and he's denying. I show him my laserdisc and tell him I already have 3 and he goes "just one" and I score a beautiful autograph on my laserdisc (now I really need Charlie Sheen)! Person A scores a full combo and person B scores the photo op. I then get another photo op with him just because I could.






No comments:

Post a Comment