Saturday, April 20, 2019

Pre Wrestlemania WWE meets plus Robin Trower

Prior to Wrestlemania I would score a flight for two WWE wants of mine, Otis and Tucker of Heavy Machinery. So with that information I decided to go to the airport to try for them and see what other WWE folks are out and about. I also found a flight for Ronda Rousey after adelta pestered me for it, but I know she had been bad lately in terms of stopping. 

Side note about this airport. It's $6/hour but parking is free up to 1h. If you go even 1 minute above the 1h mark, it would charge $12 . Daily maximum is $24. Of course nothing beats free. So for each flight I had to time my entry to get there shortly before it lands and then leave before my hour is up then enter again at the right time. I would do this multiple times throughout the evening and I paid $0 in parking fees. A combo hunter who scoffed at my tactics even stated to me "$12 is what you pay for a burger in the city". And I replied back "and that is why you never see me buy a burger in the city".

Anyhow, first up was the Heavy Machinery flight. We wait and it turns out a huge want of mine, Drake Maverick AKA Rockstar Spud was also on the flight. I was super excited for that. We wait for them to get to baggage and I score a photo op with Tucker. He would stay VERY briefly so I'm lucky to have gotten that as I never saw him again throughout Wrestlemania week. Finally got Drake Maverick and also got Otis.

I got updates with Alexa Bliss, Mojo Rawley, and Apollo Crews. Saw Riott Squad members minus Ruby but didn't bother them. Told them about Two Bros Pizza in NYC. Missed EC3 but I have him though I could have used a better shot. Upgraded Nikki Cross to a no shades shot then got Lacey Evans upgrade as she had a hat on (which is part of the character). Though I would further upgrade my Lacey Evans shot at Wrestlemania week. Got autos only from Heath Slater and Titus O Neil. Overall a damn good flight. And I only knew for a fact that Heavy Machinery would be on there.

Waited for Rhoda. As expected she completely blanked and would do nothing for no one. I would never have tried this if I wasn't already there. Good thing I already have a combo with her from her NYC book signing. Missed Dana Warrior somehow but I already have her.

Next wave of flights I got updates with Aleister Black, Ricochet, Billy Kidman, Curtis Axel, and Chad Gable. Scored Zack Ryder with a beard. Sasha Banks was there but didn't even bother trying. Good thing I have her. Here is where I see 3 wants of mine that denied. All 3 members of Lucha House Party. They denied ops, presumably cause they have no masks. Doesn't make the blow off less painful.

While resetting my parking I miss Beth Phoenix, but that's not big deal as I have her. After this we leave to the next spot.

See lots of people checking in but didn't go after them if I didn't need to. Names like Hurricane, Drew McIntyre, among others. My first score is Dean Ambrose. Already have him clean shaven so this is a beard update which is valid as he's had a beard as of late. Scored fresh names in Sarah Schreiber and Pat McAfee. Got an autograph from Brother Love and another shot with Chad Patton. One painful blow off was Baron Corbin who said it's 2am and went to his room. I already have a shot with him but don't have his GM bald/shaven look.

Full list of photo ops


WWE_E V3 autos:

Alexa Bliss
Curtis Axel
Apollo Crews
Billy Kidman
Heath Slater
Titus O Neil
Brother Love


Shortly before Wrestlemania I would go for guitarist and singer Robin Trower. This was last minute so I had nothing on me. I just helped another combo hunter with an autograph. Sadly they said no photo ops as he sat in the car signing for people. But I waited then pleaded for a photo op and he did a car shot with me. 

Photo op

1 comment: