Tuesday, February 15, 2022

First wave of 2022 celeb endeavors was largely a bust

The first wave of 2022 celebrity meets did not go so well. My first endeavor, my main goal was actress Tamara Tunie from The Devil's Advocate and other things. Keith David and Vondie Curtis-Hall (Coming to America) were there but I have them. I arrive there and it let out. I see Tamara. Got her to sign, but unfortunately she doesn't remove the mask. Off to a bad start.

Actor Dion Graham from The Wire is taking off the mask for photo ops and I get one. I guess that makes it my first celebrity photo op of 2022 (as I don't count mask shots). Although he's not even on wikipedia, just imdb.

I also get an autograph from Keith David on a They Live photo. Not bad considering this costs money at cons. Then I wait for Vondie Curtis-Hall since I printed for him. He comes out with a mask but thankfully I didn't need to ask him to remove it, so I get the 8x10s done he goes "you got a photo of me from every era".

I saw Christian McBride outside. I asked him for a photo and ask to remove the mask and he did. Sadly in all this mask talk I forgot to remove my beanie. 

While outside Keith David also took the mask down for photo ops, so I thought why not get an update.

I tried to wait for Tamara to come outside to try again for a no mask shot but never saw her.

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


Next up, the comedy tour with Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, and Sean Hayes. I need Jason, have the other two. My first stop is the hotel, I see Jason up a driveway no mask, ask for an op, he declines. 

Next up try the venue. I am one one side of the venue while another combo hunter is on the other aside. I chose the side where we normally see celebs go in and out. Then I get a call that he was on the other side. I run and ask but he declines and goes into the venue! To boot he did one photo op no mask before putting the mask on and doing more photo ops. Had I been there I could have been the first to ask. Plus he signed! PUNCH. 

Will Farrell (who I have) was a surprise guest there. Wait for exits at the side where celebs usually come in and out from (ie where I was initially waiting). They all blanked. 

Then back to the hotel where I pleaded Jason for a photo op to no avail. Shockingly Will Farrell was being the nicest one. He signed blank photo paper for someone and took mask shots. Thankfully I have him so I had no need for a mask shot. But I figured I could salvage this with a Will Farrell autograph. So I ask for an autograph, he says he already signed for me which of course isn't true. I plead some more and say he didn't get me. He agrees to the autograph, takes my sharpie, then goes "oh that's just a blank paper". This was after he just signed one a minute ago! WTF!

No comments:

Post a Comment