Thursday, February 17, 2022

Two day endeavor for a couple of actors

So there was a 2 day show with a bunch of names. Mostly barely valid names. The biggest name was Vanessa Williams but I have her. Other names of note were LaChanze (who was a voice actress in the 1997 Disney movie Hercules) and Andrew Rannells (who was in the movie The Intern)

The first day I try after the show. Got a few people on the program and mostly mask shots. I see LaChanze who goes "oh wow" when she sees my 8x10 from Hercules. Sadly she doesn't remove the mask. 

One name of note that was super nice did no mask shots is Andrea McArdle who is pretty big as far as stage actors go. She played Annie on stage.

Sadly the venue said no one more is coming out due to COVID. Waited while most of the crowd left but saw no one else and didn't see Andrew. Checked out the hotel but just saw Andrea again.

Full list of Day 1 photo ops


Feeling a bit crushed on day 2 I would try a different approach. Entries into the venue, hotels after. Spoiler alert, this would prove a much better strategy. Start with entries and some have the mask some do not. Get more autographs on the program. LaChanze shows up with no mask and happily takes photo ops of people waiting. To show you how unpredictable combo hunting can be, this was someone who didn't want to remove the mask the prior day, and here she was showing up and taking photo ops like it was still 2019! 

Dr Fauci showed up to see the show but didn't stop when asked. Steny Hoyer also showed up though no one asked him (I actually have the op from long ago).

On exits I wait to see if I can get Fauci to at least sign but he declines. Then off to the hotel and wait. After a little while see Vanessa Williams walk in and ask her for an autograph. She puts on the mask and signs. Luckily I didn't need a photo op. Eventually Andrew Rannells shows up, we get no mask ops, and promptly exit the place so the hotel would have no chance to realize we were there. I would find out that at the venue they kicked everyone off citing COVID. So this time no one came out at the venue. 

Sadly it was more time than I wanted to put for these names, but at least I got no mask ops and some autographs. 

Full list of Day 2 photo ops

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment