Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Chiller Theater April 2023 report

Sadly, I had to do a quick in and out of Chiller as I had other engagements. So, I couldn't really enjoy and relax at the con. I also had to skip quite a bit of secondary names due to lack of splits. On the positive side, I was also hooked up on four names as the lady and her friend who brought them in know me and wanted to help me out. This landed me free photo ops with Melanie Chartoff, Bob Bergen, Chris Poland, and Jeff Young plus an autograph from Jeff! So that was very nice of them. 

My first get was Robert Smigel AKA Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. I got Robert before, but I needed the dog. He remembered markedout's Greg2600 from street meets but did not remember me, which was upsetting. SMH.

Next up, William Fichtner from Black Hawk Down, Armageddon, and others. Then Mark Dacascos from Double Dragon. After that Jeremy Sumpter (Peter Pan), Richard Young (F13th), Bob Bergen (Voice actor), and Melanie Chartoff (Fridays).

Then one of my main wants from the show, Julia Nickson from Rambo II, and then Dana Wheeler-Nicholson from Tombstone. Now for some music, got Brian Wilson's daughter, Carnie Wilson. I even told her that I met her father. Then Chris Poland and Jeff Young both of whom played on 80s Megadeth albums. I also got Jeff to sign my "So Far So Good So What" album already signed by the two Daves. And on to another one of my top wants, David Marks of the Beach Boys. He is an original member of the Beach Boys that played on the first four albums. With the addition of Marks, I now have met every original and semi original member of the Beach Boys that is still alive! 

Then I get Michael Oliver from Problem Child 1&2. Hope his co star makes the next Chiller. Then older actor Tony Lo Bianco from The French Connection. Wow he looks and moves great for 86. David Moscow from Big is a name that I'd always see doing book signings. But could never go get him. So to see him at Chiller along with other people, talk about convenience! Then to the Blues Brothers room. I only needed two of those that were there. Tom Scott and Murphy Dunne.

Then I get Melanie Safka who is best known for the song "Brand New Key". Then Jason London. Since I have Jeremy London figured I gotta get his twin. Got Angelica Bridges, another addition to my Baywatch collection. Ended my photo ops at chiller with Jim Doyle, creator of the Freddy Glove. Ended my time at Chiller with a Jason Hervey auto. I got his auto on the street in the past but sadly it was damaged with finger prints, so I had to have it removed and re done as it's such a cool cast piece. Now all that is sadly missing is the elusive dick Josh Saviano, who wouldn't sign for me when I saw him (I have the op).

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

Julia Nickson

David Marks

Full list of Chiller Theater Photos part 1

Full list of Chiller Theater Photos part 2

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment