Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Kicking off May with a legendary film meet

When it comes to film music, the top name would be John Williams (who I met), and second to him would be Danny Elfman. He made the music for such legendary movies like Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Spiderman, Spiderman 2, just to name some. So when an opportunity came to meet him, I had to make as much use of that as I could. 

First spot, was coming into town. I got one and the photo. I had signed my Batman Returns laserdisc already signed by Danny Devito. I have time to kill till the next spot, so I do other stuff till I have to the venue.

In the witching hour, mooch into the venue and eventually a VIP room (much to the chagrin of some of the employees). Danny is shocked to see us but he is accommodating and signs. I show him how I've had these items for a while and who signed them, which he seemed impressed by. He went "wow" when I told him I had Robin WIlliams on one of the items. I got signed:

Batman vinyl

Flubber laserdisc signed by Robin Williams

Mission:Impossible laserdisc signed by Tom Cruise

Nightmare Before Christmas laserdisc signed by Chris Sarandon and Catherine O'Hara (interestingly Danny is the signing voice of Jack Skellington in this one)

Next day it was time for the outbound of Danny. This time I changed clothes, put a mask on, and didn't sport my camera or autograph bag. I also decided to aim for only two items to increase my chances. Namely, a Spiderman vinyl and a Spiderman DVD. I saw him with a mask and approached him and asked. To which he goes "NOW HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS HERE?". He signed both items. I thanked him. He goes in an ironic way "Is that all?" and I said yes. He goes "Thank You!". I hope to meet Tobey MaGuire one day.

Danny Elfman

Autographs part 1

Autographs part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment