Thursday, June 8, 2023

Hair metal bands and Baltimore Celebfest

In early in May I went for some hair metal bands. I sadly couldn't dedicate too much time to it which sucked cause I missed people I wanted. But when I did go I got people, though a lot of them are repeats sadly. I did get the band Heaven's Edge which is fresh. The singer and drummer are both original. For the latter I had to wait till the CD release party at night and get him as he left the set. I got a group shot with 3 members of the band Vixen. This upgraded my photo op with Lorraine Lewis (she is not an original member of Vixen but she is an original member of the band Femme Fatale so definitely more than just a barely valid name). 

Julia Lage of Vixen said I looked like "a cuter John Mayer" as she worded it. How cool is that?  I also got a solo shot with her since she isn't next to me in the group shot. Sadly I didn't see original Vixen member Roxy Petrucci. I have a photo from her before but she is in a group shot and I'm not next to her. So I failed to rectify that as I wasn't there during check in when she posed. Nor did I come back the next day when she posed. 

Another let down was Rudy Sarzo from Quiet Riot and was even in Whitesnake for a bit. Needed the combo. He did nothing leaving when I wasn't there. But he had a family emergency and left town after the show so he never returned.

Julia Lage, Britt Lightning, and Lorraine Lewis

Full list of photos part 1

Full list of photos part 2

Steve Adler autograph


Towards the end of May was Baltimore celeb fest. I had a few wants from there. Kalisto has eluded me for ages, so I was finally able to get the last member of Lucha House Party I still needed. Then Max Caster who has hated me for ages. Here is the back story. It was towards the end of the pandemic in 2021. I asked Max for a photo op at the airport. Asked him to remove the mask, he refused. I got the mask shot. Minutes later he removed the mask for someone else. So I tried to ask him for a redo he refused. He's hated me ever since. And every time I've seen him and asked him for the op he always remembered me and refused. Of course when he's getting paid he goes "let's do it finally". 

I got an upgrade with Cherry as she has shades in my shot. Then got Gisele Shaw and Alisha Edwards from Impact Wrestling fame, Marty Scurll, and a group who with Teal Piper and Deimos.

Max Caster

Full list of photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment