Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Carol Brunet and more

The month of October is about 2/3 done, Carol Brunet and other celebrities were coming to town. I had no idea how friendly Carol Brunet is and she was a want of mine. Plus I have a very nice Annie laserdisc already signed by Aileen Quinn. 

I found a flight on her and figured I'd try for her in a setting where there wouldn't be 20-30 people present. 

I go to the airport and it's just me and one other person. She is nice as can be, and me with only one item She is more than happy to do a combo. I told her I'd see her Sunday. 

Fast forward to the event. First celebrity we see is Julie Andrews who as expected does nothing for no one.  Bruce Vilanch is next and is as nice as can be. Got a photo op. Vicki Lawrence is next and is nice. Got a photo op. After a long wait Lucie Arnaz, the daughter of Lucille Ball shows up and is nice as can be. Got a photo op and three photos signed. 

Tim Conway is next and does stuff no issue. Got a photo op. Next up is Tony Bennett who does only one photo op. But that was fine by me since I have a photo op. He did one item per and I got him on a nice double vinyl set that I purchased for 50 cents! 

Tina Fey shows up and is actually SUPER NICE! Wow I couldn't believe it. I had one 8x10 of her and Steve Carell  already signed by Carell that I've been carrying around for over 2 years and failing to get, even in one on one situations! I finally got it signed. She said she'd do photo ops later when she's dressed up, but I didn't care as I had a photo op. 

Amy Poehler does autographs and no photo ops. No issue for me as I have a photo op. I got her on two. Rashida Jones does nothing going in but when she comes out she does autographs but no photo ops. That sucked for me as I never got her before. Got one photo signed. Next up is Rosemary Watson who was surprisingly not the easiest person to get. But I got a photo op. Martin Short who used to be super friendly did one round of autographs the whole day and no photo ops. I have a photo op with him so no big deal. But was shocked he didn't do them. I got three photos signed. 

Carol Brunet finally shows up and her handlers say she will do stuff going out. As she goes in she tells me "hey I remember you" referring to the encounter at the airport. HCIT! 

Going out she kept her word. Even though her handlers were saying one per person she did more. I got two. Then Maya Rudolf shows up and is super nice. I got her on two photos. Didn't need a photo op. 

We never saw Julie Andrews leave. So she must have snuck out to avoid us. 

Fast forward a couple of hours and arrivals begin again. We saw randoms in Laurence Luckinbill (Star Trek) and producer George Schlatter. Got photo ops with both and Luckinbill to sign a blank. Most everyone who stopped before didn't stop, but shockingly Tina Fey did! I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw her be super nice signing and doing photo ops with everyone (as she promised), and I had nothing more to get signed since I wasn't expecting her to do much of anything Tony Bennett did nothing for no one this time. Never thought I'd see the day when Tina Fey is friendly and Tony Bennett is not. My reaction was a mixture of this face  cause I was so shocked, and this face cause I had no more merch on me. I did get another photo op with her but that was no big deal for me. After the dust settles and 20 minutes into the event, we see Julie Andrews enter. We were three people but she does nothing for no one using the excuse that she's late. In her defense she was late, but doubt that would have made a difference. 

After the event is over we watch for exits, but sadly we were all watching the wrong end. We notice people trickling out from another spot and by then we had missed half of them. It wasn't all for nothing though cause we spotted Tony Bennett and managed to get one per person out of him. I also got Tim Conway and Maya Rudolf on a program. We Saw Julie Andrews slip away. And I tried begging Rashida Jones for a photo op but to no avail 

This ended a very fruitful venture. 

Carol Brunet airport photo op

Full list of event photo ops

Tony Bennett vinyls and Annie laserdisc

Full list of 8x10s I got signed

Laurence Luckinbill blank

No comments:

Post a Comment