Thursday, November 7, 2013

Legends of the Ring, Exxxotica, NYC

First off I apologize to everyone for slacking off on reports. October has been an ultra busy month for me. It started in early October with Legends of the Ring/Exxxotica weekend (this report). And it would be the start of a long and grueling month. I am totally drained. But let us begin. 

Saturday

We arrive at Legends of the Ring. Sadly Dusty Rhodes has left and he was Joresky's top want for the con. He was scheduled till 12pm and we had arrived with 30 minutes to spare  I have never heard of any signing at LOTR finishing early. 

While there I speak to  who hooks me up with Pete Doherty photo ops. Thank you Kenny!

I should add that there were TONS of people mooching at the hotel. One guy was even bragging about mooching 16 photo ops (both superticket and vendor guests). 

Next up we head to Exxxotica in Edison, NJ. We enter the con and it was definitely a different kind of con. Sadly, our top want from the con, Ron Jeremy, was no where in sight  And none of the workers knew anything. I finally found someone who texted the promoter of the show and apparently he's not arriving till 8pm We had no intention to stay this long. 

At this point the con was drunk and salvage. Jenna Jameson was scheduled to be there and I had some 8x10s on me. For $10 she signed me two and did a photo op. Already had a photo op but she looked different. Besides Jenna I got a $5 photo op with Nina Hartley just to get something over nothing. When taking the photo op it seemed kinda awkward as she was positioning my hands in "special" places. I felt like a virgin getting his first feel as I am not used to this happening in a meet and greet setting. When we were done with the photo op she even went so far as to hug and kiss me. Again, was caught off guard as I'm not used to that in a meet and greet setting. Did not waste money on anyone else at this con. Also said hi to  who had at least one guest at the show. After this failure it was off to NYC. 

We hit up a spot that I was personally against hitting up. We see Ben Stiller, Christine Taylor, Kristen Wiig, among others but they were hardly accessible. Pity cause I would have liked a Wiig photo op. Move on to the next spot where I was hoping to score a big want of mine, Michelle Williams. Sadly there were ebayers and she did nothing for no one. As I would later find out going out she scribbled some bad autos. 

Next up is Tom Skerritt from Alien and other stuff. He was super nice and did combos no problem. I run to re join Joresky to get Roger Rees (Robin Hood Men in Tights), Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (Scarface), and Alessandro Nivola (Jurassic Park 3). Sadly I just missed Roger and we did not see Mary so she must have left from another door. We did however see Alessandro Nivola who was with his family and more than happy to do combos. Got a combo and an extra. While things didn't go the best regarding this spot, I would live to fight another day. 

The last spot for the evening was for Miley Cyrus. While there I get a bunch of other photo ops. Regarding Miley, coming in there is a HUGE mob of paps and graphers. One girl grapher even just backs up and says "nooooo" when she sees how unruly everyone is. As expected, she does nothing for no one. 

Now here's where something rather humorous happened. While inside Miley takes a photo in front of the window. When that happens a couple of girls are jumping with mega joy as they see themselves "featured" in the tweet. Here is the photo. 

Coming out I see her starting to take a couple of photo ops. I creep in and manage to my shock SCORE a photo op. Seconds later the mob starts to pile up, and Joresky was not so lucky with his attempt at a photo op. He would be super miserable for an entire evening and all of sunday, cursing everything and everyone out. 

Personally I could not see why he was so devastated over a Miley shot. I could understand over Katy Perry who is he a fan of but Miley? He is not a fan of hers. He was only upset he didn't get her "because she's huge" and cursed me out for not appreciating my photo op more. 

Full photo ops for Saturday

Miley Cyrus

Tom Skerritt

Alessandro Nivola


Sunday

Sunday starts at a spot for Orlando Bloom (featuring a miserable Joresky). Bloom himself did nothing for no one but I scored photo ops with Christian Camargo, Justin Guarini, and Geoffrey Owens (Elvin in Cosby Show), among others. For Owens we were about to give up and Joresky was convinced we missed him, but seconds later we see him. I try again for Mary Elizabeth but decided I wanted to go for another top want where there was only one exit. Namely: Elizabeth Olsen.

I rush to the spot and it was letting out. I get a photo op with Daniel Davis (Niles the butler in The Nanny). A good start. Then my top want from this spot shows up! She does photo ops till she goes "I'm done, I'm leaving". After she's gone I run a couple of blocks and manage to score an autograph, completing my combo with her! We see David Garrison. I get a photo op but had him already. We see TR Knight who I did not need a photo op with as I have him. Thus ends this round. 

Full photo ops for Sunday

Elizabeth Olsen

Daniel Davis

Geoffrey Owens

Autographs for both days

While nothing extravagant and with some misses (most notably Ron Jeremy and Michelle Williams), I would say overall decent. Was especially happy to get Elizabeth Olsen before she becomes as tough to get as her sisters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment