Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Post bookcon meets

After bookcon I would venture for street meets. We will divide it in days. Note if you haven't already please see my previous entry for my bookcon 2014 report. 

Day 1

This is the same day as bookcon. After me and Joresky left bookcon we tried a couple of spots but saw nothing. Then we went for Jim Dale who I know best from Pete's Dragon. When I told him what I knew him from he seemed very happy. He was also happy to pose for photo ops. Meets like this are so refreshing. 

We then tried for Daniel Radcliffe but because we went for Jim Dale we didn't get good railing spots. So I couldn't get anything here. Wish I tried for something else. 

On to another spot, we see Chris Kattan and Busy Phillips. Already had Busy but got a Chris Kattan photo op, which was a nice score for me. This ended the evening, and Joreskly would leave town the next day. 

Jim Dale

Chris Kattan


Day 2

After a nap I head to a spot to scout it out, and I see three female combo hunters waiting. So I wait it out. I debate if I should stay in this spot or the spot where I got Kattan the night before. I talk to Vanessa the Jersey Shore stalker on the phone and she recommends I stake out the Kattan spot. Her advice combined with the fact that the spot gave me some good scores in the past, I decide to leave this spot and head to the other. I later found out that Nicki Minaj was at the spot I just left, so it was probably her those three females were waiting for. 

When I arrive at the spot I see two combo hunting Queens and their respective minions waiting. So right there and then I am 110% sure this is where I should be. A good start to the day. 

At this spot I would also have a shot at one of my objectives: upgrade my Shailene Woodley photo op and get some autographs. Cause Shailene was staying here. 

So I play the waiting game. Here is where I felt I was crippled without Joresky's spotting abilities. Cause people were walking in and out that could have been somebody, and even the females didn't care cause they had one objective (Shailene). Even paps that were there did not have Joresky's spotting ability.  

One of the two Queens present was someone I had feuded with in the past. To my shock out of the blue she extended the olive branch of peace Since I figured it would be pretty low blow of me to refuse that peace offering, I accepted it. This marks the second feud I ended in 2014. The peace offering was initiated in the form of a selfie. Wish I had that picture because my reaction in that photo op is this face 

First photo op I obtain at that spot was singer Karen Elson, a total  name for me. Coming inside she did nothing but as she left I managed to get a photo op.

As we wait we see a woman with her husband and kids go in, and of course without Joresky AFTER she is inside we figure out it's actress Jamie King. 

Thankfully she ended up coming back out with all her family, all dressed up nice, and I got a photo op. I also saw Chris Kattan but didn't bother him this time. 

Playing the waiting game still no signs of Shailene. As I wait some more to our surprise we see actress Marion Cotillard from Dark Knight Rises. She is a big want of mine and someone I missed in the past, so that is a huge score for me. Unfortunately the photo was a little blurry, but another combo hunter wanted the photo op. We both followed her down the street, I let him get the photo op and I got another one which she did no problem! My reaction to this victory was this face cause now my day was officially worthwhile. 

Back to the spot to wait for Shailene. Time passes still no signs of her. And I had another event I wanted to try that would potentially have more names. So I left the spot. 

At the event I don't see many of the people I had hoped. But I do get a bunch of photo ops. Sadly no one that good. Best name was David Byrne from the talking heads. Other people I either had or were total  names. Not 30 minutes after I left Shailene arrived at the spot I left and did combos.  

This ended my night. 

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 2

Jaime King (Sin City, Hart of Dixie, among others)

Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate/Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises, Big Fish, among others)


Day 3

The day started on a sour note. I had a spot for Shailene but it's tough to get celebrities on that spot due to the fact that there's a garage. I pulled a  and snoozed a little. I then walk to the spot and as I arrive I find out Shailene actually did stuff not TWO MINUTES before I go there  wow what a punch in the face. Rapper 50 cent was also coming out next, so I figured I'd stay since I'm here. But sure enough the garage came into play and he did nothing for no one. Goes to show you how you snooze you loose in combo hunting. 

Back to the spot from yesterday where I attempt for Shailene yet again. While waiting I get singer Matt Goss who is as nice as can be and model Shanina Shaik. Both names for me. Marion Cotillard does nothing for no one today, so thank God I got her the day before. She would do nothing anymore. So I REALLY caught her on a good day. Jamie King comes out to meet friends and I get her on blank photo paper. After waiting Shailene finally shows up, but does nothing for no one. 

I could have waited for her to leave but figured she'd be in a hurry and do nothing leaving (as I later found out she indeed did nothing leaving). So I leave this spot and on to the next spot where I hope to see William Defoe, Shailene, and others. I had another hotel I could have checked out, but that hotel would not have either Defoe or Shailene. So I chose to wait here. 

This spot was total misery and total disaster. Tons of screaming girls, and celebs would barely do anything. I got a photo op with someone who I believe is a race car driver, but that's about it. Hindsight is 20/20 I wish I went to that hotel at least I would have scored some people. 

Thankfully all was not lost as the event would end in a couple of hours. Now the dilemma, do I try the front or back? While waiting in the back I see Radioman. I tell him hello and he curses me out. But eventually I see Radioman waiting in the front, so I take my spot in the front. 

A rather humorous interaction went on. A Master combo hunter who is gay and who never really speaks to me was standing next to Radioman. He would give me hand and facial gestures telling me that Radioman stinks to high heaven. 

Anyhow, we wait and wait Shailene just rushes to the car. Sadly, this would be my last shot at her. I guess the combo Gods simply didn't want me to get her. Either I missed her when she did stuff, or she did nothing for no one when I was there 

Laura Dern who I needed on my Jurassic Park laserdisc did nothing. And Ansel Elgort did nothing. Had I been at the hotel I mentioned earlier I probably would have had them. Damn what a screw up. Thankfully this spot ended being salvageable, as I got one of the top names I wanted, William Dafoe AKA The Green Goblin. I essentially begged and screamed for him to come over and he did! Got him on two 8x10s to boot! And I also got photo ops with Mike Birbiglia and Sam Trammell. 

This spot was done and it was off to another spot/event. As I arrived I find out that Heidi Klum and Jennifer Hudson walked out and left. Klum isn't a want of mine and already have Hudson. So this didn't bother me too much. What did bother me though was actress Blake Lively who did no photo ops with anyone no matter how much I begged and pleaded. She would have been a good score. She signed but I had nothing for her. I also saw Bernadette Peters. Didn't get her but didn't try too hard as I got her befoer. I did get actor James Marsden for a second time though. This time I completed my combo by getting two items signed, an 8x10 and a DVD. When he saw the DVD he goes "where do you guys get this stuff". I then got a photo op just because. What a nice guy he is. 

The other names here were pretty much all names for me. Off to the next spot where I hoped to see more people from this event. But absent from the spot was a certain Master combo hunter. Right there I knew this would be a bust and I was right. I got a total of 3 names. Busy Phillips was the best of those three and that was just an upgrade. 


Then I get a text message from NYC's top ebayer who offers me a deal. He tells me the restaurant where Rihanna was eating on condition I give him the autograph I obtain. Sounds like a fair deal to me. A shot at a Rihanna photo op was surely better than anything that was going to happen here. So I head over there and play the waiting game with others. 

Finally the witching hour comes, we were two rows, she did one of the rows and it was the row I wasn't in 

This ended my trek. While I did fail in one of my primary objectives I did get something better than that (Marion). So three solid first time meets (Dafoe, Marion, Jamie) combined with completing my combo with Marsden plus other bonus photo ops, I would say I was overall successful! 

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 2

Willem Dafoe (Norman Osborn/The Green Goblin in Sam Raimi's Spiderman)

Not getting Rihanna

William Dafoe and James Marsden autographs

Jamie King autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment