Thursday, March 17, 2016

The A list scores in NYC

After Monstermania I was on my way with to NYC! Our friend Suzanne had already obtained Will Smith. It was a bit heart crushing that she got Will Smith while I was getting scrubs at Monstermania (albeit guaranteed scrubs) but I would have a chance to redeem this. 

But before we would hit up this spot we would arrive at an "easy" spot for Robin Tunney and Zachary Quinto. And this spot we would meet up with our Australian buddy Josh. Josh tends to rack a lot of good names whenever he combo hunts. So me and Joresky decided to stick with him so that his good luck rubs off on us. 

First we spot Zachary Quinto who is nicer than he used to be in the past. I have a picture with him from before but got a nice upgrade. Also got my photo signed. 

Robin Tunney comes out she says quickly cause she has to go but does multi combos anyway. I got my three items done plus the photo op. 

Off to the spot for Will Smith and Helen Mirren. We arrive and figure out the right place to wait by spotting Masters. None other than was also at that spot. A Master asks me to help him with autos but I said truthfully I had my own items. Also it turns out Helen Mirren is not there. Didn't affect me cause I had her. After a wait we see Will Smith and I ask for a photo op. WTF my camera is acting up but thankfully Will is a nice guy and I get the shot! I then manage to score not one but TWO autographs! I couldn't believe it. My luck turned around!  

I then ran down the street to yell and scream in victory then came back. I then told the Master to give me items to get signed. He has helped me with info in the past so if once in a while I play temporary role of minion and get him some autos it is the least thing, in my opinion. 

When Will Smith comes out he says he will do walk along selfies but no autos. Despite that one guy manages to get an auto and I get right to him for an auto but he didn't sign for me. Oh well at least I tried. 

From this point one, everything else was just gravy. I got an A lister that has eluded me for a long time plus autographs! This was a rare victory for me. Additionally most other photo ops I've seen he either has a hat or a cap, but this is the only time he had neither! Wow just wow! 

After this great victory we went to a spot in the hopes of seeing randoms but saw no one we recognized. We then got some $1 pizza, commandeered a free parking spot for the day, then went to sleep. 

Wow I can't believe it, hindsight is 20/20 I did every single thing right that day. I got the guarantees at Monstermania, hit up the "easy" spot and didn't miss Will Smith in doing so, then I got a perfect combo and extra with Will Smith, no hat or cap to boot! This is such a rarity for me, so I REALLY appreciate it when that happens. 

Zachary Quinto

Robin Tunney


Will Smith


The next day was more or less the classic bell shaped curve. It would start off slow, shoot up, and then plummet again.

We wake up, and I go wash up, take a crap, and charge my phone. Meanwhile we get a tip for a My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 spot. Me and Joresky go there and after a while see nothing. We decide to go to other spots. We wait for Wayne Brady. We see him coming in wearing a hat and shades and on the phone. As he is about to enter Joresky asks him for a photo op. He then says he's on the phone with his daughter and if he has to choose it will be his daughter every time. He says he will come back out to take a picture but told Joresky to watch his face. 

Minutes later true to his word he does come out and does photo ops with us. I was hoping he would at least take off the hat or shades but no luck on that front. We then go to a spot for Saiorse Ronan and Ben Whishaw but sadly never see them go in. However, going to this spot would turn out to be a brilliant move. Because we saw a Master who conversed with us and told us the technique required to increase our odds for Ed Harris and Lupita Nyong'o photo ops! On a side note, according to this Master he can stay home for 6 months and be ok. "That's how much money I have" according to him. 

Next up we try for Forest Whitaker but sadly he didn't come out. We got Frank Wood. Then we try for Ed Harris using the new info we got. Sadly Ed doesn't come out but we do get  Bill Irwin, Larry Pine, Taissa Farmiga, Nat Wolff, Paul Sparks, and Rich Sommer. Not too shabby.

Stopped by the Lupita Nyong'o spot to obtain materials and she never came out. Then off to the Saiorse Ronan and Ben Whishaw spot but they don't come out either. Did get actor Jim Norton though. But wow 4 spots and not ONCE did we get the main person we wanted. 

Back to the My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 spot didn't see them but we do see Howie Mandel and I get a photo op. 

Now it's time to hit up the previous spots in the hopes that our luck would turn around. On our way we see Danny Woodburn randomly. He blew off Joresky for a photo op. I had no reason to chase him down since I got a photo op at Chiller, but Joresky did and still failed. After some $1 pizza we go back to Forest Whitaker. After two failed attempts we finally see him and get the photo op. Sadly he didn't sign merch. Off to the Ed Harris spot. We did exactly what we were told to increase our odds. But even that wasn't enough because when him and his wife came out neither one did photo ops. Ed said there were too many people but then would waste time BS-ing with everyone. WTF Ed also signed my 8x10. After most of the crowd left we had our Australian buddy try to break him and it worked and we all got photo ops! I couldn't believe it! This is a tough photo op to get we had to use the tip given to us which put us in the playing field AND we had to use the "Australian" card. 
After this success I ran over to the
 Lupita Nyong'o spot. I had to follow the stealth related technique I was told in order to get that photo op. When it was time to strike I commandeered my front rail spot. Since Joresky didn't run he got there too late and was behind me (ie second row). Lupita finally comes out after taking her sweet time and signs my item. I ask for a selfie and she agreed to it! Sucks she has hat and shades (at night) but she is a tough photo op to get so I'll take this valid shot. 

Wow I couldn't believe it. I successfully sniped 3 for 3! Forest, Ed, Lupita! The day is redeemed! Although to be honest I'd want another Ed because hat plus beard kinda screams upgrade. After I got Lupita I gave Joresky my spot but sadly his shot came out blurry. 

Now it was off to a spot where I wanted Three Doors Down and Joresky wanted Stevie Wonder. Since Joresky felt defeated he thought it was too late for Stevie. He stopped by McDonald's for a chocolate shake and I continued to the spot. Not 5 minutes later Stevie came out! His handler said no autographs but he will do photo ops. Everyone lined up and he took photo ops. I got two shots since the first looked invalid but this is my second time meeting him so it wasn't much of a victory. I wish it were Three Doors Down. Australian Josh came 10 seconds too late as he was already in the door when he arrived. And Joresky arrived about 5 minutes late and had the look of death in his face as Josh recorded me showing him the Stevie Wonder photo op. In an unusual twist (for this spot) an employee at that spot tried to kick us away. We backed away to a certain point yet he still wanted us to go. At this point we all simply ignored him and he gave up telling us to leave after a minute or two. But shortly after I went to get the car in order to be ready for the final spot for the evening. 

The final spot for the evening was one for Ariana Grande. I have her but could use a better shot and this spot typically gets randoms. Sadly the only good random was Larry David and he did nothing for no one. Ariana attracted a huge crowd and this pretty much made the spot worthless. 

Here is where the annoying part lies. They pulled her car to the side door on private property implying that it was game over. Then they moved the car back to the front door and setup barricades implying that she intends to take care of her fans. But of course when she comes out she rushed out covering her face 

The evening ended on a low note and it was then off to sleep. 

Forest Whitaker

Ed Harris take 1

Ed Harris take 2

Lupita Nyongo

Stevie Wonder

Full list of photo ops for the day


The final day starts with the Stevie Wonder spot, but then we move to a spot for actor Campbell Scott since this is his last day at the spot. Joresky spots him 20 minutes later and he does photo ops no issue. He sees the 8x10 Joresky has and is shocked that someone actually has merch for him. I got him on my Amazing Spiderman 2 poster already signed by director Marc Webb. We made his last day a day of happiness, and he started our day with happiness. Why can't it always be that way. 


Next up we get a tip for a Robert De Niro spot. I already have him but wouldn't mind another shot. We arrive and stand in one spot and get blocked by a security guard. We re position ourselves away from that guard and we see Harvey Keitel. I let Joresky have that since I got it already. He goes "make it quick" and Joresky gets the shot. 

We wait for returns and see director Taylor Hackford and he blows us off in disgust. One of his assistant thanked us for being polite. 

When De Niro walked back it was just me and Joresky, no security guard, couldn't have been a calmer setting, he said "not now" when we asked. Seconds later Australian Josh arrives.

We eat and Wendy's then try again, same response and this time a grapher was present. Damn. 

More people arrive, with the presence of more photo op people and more dealers we contemplated giving up, even went to get the car and $1 pizza slices, but decided to make one last ditch effort. To our shock, he actually posed and we all got selfies 

This being my second photo op with him it wasn't so much of a victory, but I guess this was Joresky's "Will Smith". 

To be honest I was more glad he got it than me, because that meant I would not have misery, whining, and complaining on the way home. Instead Joresky was happy and in a state of major drug induced euphoria. 

Campbell Scott

Robert De Niro

All the autographs obtained 

No comments:

Post a Comment