Thursday, March 17, 2016

Laura Prepon book signing and Monstermania

During the weekend of Big Event my initial plan was to go for Laura Prepon and do other NYC spots in addition to Big Event. For a couple of reasons I decided to change those plans, something I regret doing after Jonah Hill did photo ops and seeing those cool gimmick shots at Big Event (among other info that popped up). BUT I did go to the Laura Prepon book signing. I had two people in the car with me and I had someone to buy the book off of me. Plus the photo op was a guarantee. So this quick in and out made sense. 

I left for Bookends with and one other friend. 



The line at bookends was not long at all. Laura had pre signed the book and the other author Elizabeth Troy 
was at a table signing books as well. I asked Elizabeth for a photo op and she goes "of course, thanks for coming". Then got the nice standing photo op with Laura. Wow I wish all book signing were that smooth and stress free. 

After the signing we waited for her to leave in order to get extras done. One of my travelling buddies only cared for the extra so he didn't get his "photo op" so to speak. In an odd twist, one girl who was already inside and got a photo op said she was outside "to get a selfie". My reaction was this face It's like if you already have a perfect shot and nothing to get signed why even waste your time? 

She finally comes out and she looks like she doesn't know why we're there even though we have our merch out. I call for her asking to sign she goes "ohh sure" as if no one has ever asked her before. It's like, doesn't she know she's a valid celebrity?  On a side note she ignored all requests for photo ops.

There was a Will Smith spot I was thinking of hitting up but turns out he wasn't there. On our way back we hit a buffet. It was priced more than your typical buffet but any tiny plate on the menu was like $12 so might as well pay a little more and feast like a king. 

Laura Prepon

From the "barely valid" realm, author Elizabeth Troy

Book that I instantly sold

Extra item I got signed


With changed plans, I decided to stop by Monstermania with Joresky. No one there I really needed but it was a good prelude of guarantees as a pre NYC stop. 

In this Monstermania I went the "photo op only" route. First I got Jordan Ladd who was looking damn good. Upgraded my Robert Carradine cause my previous shot is a NYCC table shot. Sadly he had a beard which took away from the shot. Then Zoe Bell and Abraham Benrubi. Kate Hodge had no photo op only price so I found someone who only cared for the autograph and split with him. That worked out well. Then I got free photo ops with Lost Boys G Tom Mac and Billy Wirth. Then Lost Boy Jamison Newlander. I ended Monstermania with a Alexandra Breckenridge split with Joresky. 

During my time at MM our friend Suzanne said she just got Will Smith and that he's at a spot. With that news, it was off to try for an A lister who has eluded me, Will Smith! 

Full list of photo ops

Robert Carradine

Alexandra Breckenridge

No comments:

Post a Comment