Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A whole host of meets at the end of April

This trek is one that stresses me out every time I embark on it. You get a lot, and you miss a lot. And to attain the most fruitfulness, you have to dedicate the most time possible. 

Normally I also have flights for this, but this time around I couldn't find flights for most of the people I wanted and the flights I did have were for one reason or another not worth going for. 

Day 1

I embark on the only flight I actually go to, namely for Sela Ward. I arrive at the flight and apparently people are waiting for actor Adoni Maropis for an unrelated event. Meanwhile other graphers spot REM bassist Mike Mills and I get a photo op. Adoni shows up and I get the photo op. Sadly I never see Sela so she must have walked passed me (she blends in very well). However as I would later find out she ignored markedout's adelta the next day so she probably wouldn't have stopped for me anyway. 

After this disappointing failure I waited with graphers for another flight in the hopes of someone being there, and turns out we see director Jay Roach. I needed a better shot with him so I got a photo op. 

Jay Roach

Full list of Day 1 photo ops



Day 2

With tough times ahead, I chose to skip on early events for that day. A Master even managed to obtain a Rachel McAdams flight (a want of mine) but she did nothing for no one. So I meet up with adelta at my first spot for the evening. This spot was primarily an autograph spot for me as the only fresh photo for me is Emily Ratajkowski who isn't known to be nice. 

I wait for people to enter and to leave. Between everything I got autographs from Nina Dobrev, Rosario Dawson, Neve Campbell, photo op with Lisa Edelstein, and combos from AnnaLynne McCord, and Wendi McLendon-Covey. Got an invalid shot with Constance Zimmer but since I have her I didn't worry about it. Emily did nothing. 

Two items I got Rosario on were projects. One was an 8x10 already signed by Clive Owen and the other is a Daredevil poster that I got at NYCC a couple of years back. It was nice to add her to that. 

We are joined by the girl a befriended from LA and after exits are done it was off to the next spot which in hindsight I should have gone to sooner cause I missed names. Jared Leto went in but did nothing, Helen Mirren went in and did photo ops but thankfully I had her so that didn't affect me plus I had nothing for her (apparently a Master got Radioman on the phone to tell her to do photo ops). 

One huge miss for me was actress Bridget Moynahan who did combos. I had other misses but I would make them up later on. 

But despite coming late to this spot, it wasn't without fruitlessness. Jared Leto leaves and I get him to sign my 8x10. Since I got tipped about both Jared and Helen in advance (neither one were expecting to be coming for this event) I was able to scramble in my trunk and get random 8x10s I had for Jared Leto. Regarding my random 8x10s in the car, as one Master put it "you're moving up".

Sadly, despite begging and running after Jared to his car, he would not stop for a photo op. Wow that hurt. I would have had the best name I could possibly get so early on. It was really really a painful thing. 

I also got photo ops with Michelle Dockery, ebay CEO Devin Wenig, Michael Kelly (had him already though), Dule Hill (Psych), Gabrielle Union, and Omarosa. Gabrielle wouldn't sign at first but we went to her car where she signed photos for us. She rejected a Master's photo saying she wanted to sign photos with clothes on and I quickly presented my photos to her which she signed. 

Other blow offs include Uber CEO Travis Kalanick and Keegan-Michael Key. 

After this we called it a night, but when adelta discovered some activity going on by looking at Instagram we rushed to that spot. While we saw a lot sadly we either couldn't recognize what we saw or it was people we already got earlier. We did see Damian Lewis who was a want of mine but blew us off for photo ops two on one. I spotted REM bassist Mike Mills for adelta, and adelta spotted Darren Criss who I already had. He may have actually recognized me as he asked me "have we met before" I go "uhhh....probably". 

Gabrielle Union

Full list of Day 2 photo ops



Day 3

adelta was cool enough to let me crash in his hotel room. I had a flight on Indian actress Priyanka Chopra but decided to go to a spot where I had a shot at many VS a shot at one. I dropped adelta at an airport so he can do a Sofia Bush flight but decided not to join him since I had a photo op with her already and nothing to get signed. After dropping adelta it was off to my spot (which adelta would go to after he was done).

First I get Jeff Goldblum to sign. I get an invalid shot with him but I had him already so I didn't care. Got Ashley Graham, Scott Foley, Jesse Usher (Independence Day 2), Brett Baier, Jamie Alexander (autos and update photo op).

Sela Ward left and me, adelta, and one Master all went to the other side to get her. She said she needed to find her car after which the Master said it's that one. She goes "how do you know my car". She then said two per person and she signed and I got the photo op. Yes a decent movie score right there. 

When Candice Cameron went in I got my Full House photos signed and leaving I got an updated photo op. Also got her husband who is a hockey player. This spot ended with an Anne Vyalitsyna photo op.

Blow offs include Bryan Cranston (said he'd do it leaving then drove out) and Uber CEO again. 

Went to where Jared Leto was staying but never saw him. At this point I decided it was time to go to the next major spot. 

First thing that happens I see adelta take a photo op then get a shot. Turns out it is John Wall. I also get photo ops with Tamera Mowry, Gabrielle Union, Chris Matthews, NeNe Leakes, and Megyn Kelly. Will and Jada Smith show up. People run after them. Since I have photo ops I let others take a crack. I did however try to beg and plead Will for an autograph but to no avail. 

Here's where something funny happened. A man and woman with a dog were approaching. The woman was looking pretty rough and I jokingly say "oh look it's Carrie Fisher". After looking again turns out it WAS her and she was with Tom Hiddleston AKA Loki. Tom was super friendly a total 180 from fairly recently. I got photo ops with both. Tom was an upgrade but Carrie was a downgrade as she has glasses. Carrie almost tripped at one point and I grabbed her arm to prevent her from falling. HCIT. 

Blow offs include my two biggest wants here, Rachel McAdams and Jared Leto. Despite the best begging possible both sadly ignored me. 

This phase ends with a photo op with young actor Cameron Dallas. 

A few hours pass and now it's time for total chaos, getting tossed out and reentering multiple times, missing people, and scoring people. 

I see both Will and Jada and try to run after them for an autograph but both do nothing. At one point Will carries Jada and runs to his car. 

First score is Gladys Knight who says "take it quick" and I get the shot. I see Aretha Franklin and we attempt to ask but police give a warning to back up. Since I don't want to kill my chances with everyone else I comply. 

I then get Tracee Ellis Ross, Bill Nye (sadly already had him), The Fat Jew, and Ryan Kwanten. Joresky spots Rachel McAdams and we ask for photo ops which to my shock she does as she's normally not nice. I then asked for an autograph which she reluctantly did. I was afraid to push my luck for more. 

Then got Ed Burns and his wife Christy Turlington. Emily Ratajkowski was walking fast and via some begging I get a valid selfie! This spot ends with Nyle DiMarco, Larry Wilmore, and Sway. While adelta did get Jared Leto, he was at another location in the spot and was the only one that got the shot, and it was via lots of beggings. After this spot was done adelta left. 

On to the next spot where again Jared Leto does nothing either going in our out. Wow so painful. Rachel McAdams rushes down the street and some people do get her. 

I got DJ Khaled, Keegan-Michael Key, and Jamie Alexander. Other people were stopping but I had multiple shots with them so I passed. I also tried to get Kerry Washington to sign for me but she did nothing and was rushed to her car. I also chase Tony Romo down the street and got an autograph. 

Joresky and most everyone else then left the spot. At the end it was me, a Master, and his minion. I told them they must have made like 5K this weekend (they hit lots of stuff including a rock festival I didn't go for and that Master has guaranteed buyers). They scoffed at that then I said ok then 4.5K? 3K? They tried to tell me about $500 after expenses like gas, buying albums, and other stuff. I laughed at them and told them if they can show me full accounts and evidence on how they made $500 I would give them $1000. 

Steve Aoki cames out and I got a photo op. Tom Hiddleston and Mike Mills also came out but I let the other two have them. They got Mike on many things. Finally Damian Lewis comes out and I tell him he denied me the night before he's like "I denied you?" and he did the photo with me. 

While Damian is an awesome score that score was negated cause when I got home I realized I got him in the past. This was before he was announced for James Bond. Moreover the picture I got in the past he is clean shaven and here he is bearded, so this shot is actually a downgrade. 


This ended everything and the three of us left. Overall I'm not upset at the results, but the results would have been so much better if a couple more celebrities were not acting like bitches. 


Sela Ward

Rachel McAdams

Tom Hiddleston

Emily Ratajkowski

Gladys Knight

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 1 

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 2

Autographs obtained part 1

Autographs obtained part 2

Autographs obtained part 3

Autographs obtained part 4

Sole sports autograph

For reference, my old Damian Lewis shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment