Saturday, April 1, 2017

My custom CSA sports show

This CSA show I decided to try for people at the airport. My main want was Fred Dryer AKA Hunter in the Hunter TV show. 

I arrived at the airport for Fred. Also on the same flight was Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits. I got him in the past but why not get again if there. 

At the airport is me and one Master. We spot Fred in all his 6'6 glory. Ask him for a photo op and he is more than happy to do it. After I ask for the auto he does one then says "c'mon guys" when I ask for the second and then we say 3 each. Does a total of 3 per person and he moves on. 

Next up to Peter Noone who is his usual super duper friendly self. I get autographs and another photo op. 

I took the hotel shuttle bus to go to where my car was parked and lo and behold none other than Peter Noone comes inside that very same shuttle bus! HCIT! 

Fred Dryer

Peter Noone

Autographs

Behind the scenes, riding the shuttle bus with Noone


Next day my main targets are boxing legends Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas. I don't normally go for sports names, but I decided to go for those for a few reasons. 

First off they are big names in their field, so they are good for a well rounded collection. Second off both have wrestling connections, and I try to get sports names that have connections in either wrestling or movies (Lennox appeared at Summerslam 92 with the British Bulldog, and Buster in a 1990 episode of WWF The Main Event as special guest referee for a rematch between Hulk Hogan and "Macho Man" Randy Savage). And in the case of Buster Douglas he even had a Sega Genesis and Sega Master System game. So that is a novelty in itself. 

First stop is Lennox. I am joined by the Thunderbuddies We wait and he finally shows up. I ask him and he says "can you wait" and I say yes. Him and his wife both go to the bathroom. As he comes out he signals for me to come. Says that he is doing paid autographs and photo ops tomorrow and that it's "not right" but he'll do one for me cause I asked first. I took the selfie, thanked him, then informed both Thunderbuddies what happened. They then each went to ask and he did it for them anyway. I had a boxing glove but given the speech I got from him I decided not to push my luck and quit while ahead. 

Next up is Dallas Cowboys player Dak Prescott. Of course not a name I would care to go for, but his flight was after Lennox and before Buster. I will take anything if already there. But when he came out (after signing for people waiting on the other side of the gate) did nothing for the 3 of us. He took photos with some old people, a young girl, but wouldn't do it for us. I even tried to say "they sold out of photo ops" to no avail. One guy picking him up said "they got autographs" and I said I wanted the photo op. 

Thunderbuddies leave, paps leave, Masters leave, and I am left alone for Buster Douglas. I wait till the plane lands, it lets out, and I don't see him. I look at baggage to see if he's there but no luck. Then I head back to see if he would still come out I see a tall huge black guy with a hat walking to the exit. I quickly run and yes it's him! I ask for a photo op and he does it no problem. When I asked for the autograph he goes "I'm not signing". So I thanked him and left. 

Lennox Lewis 

Buster Douglas


Sadly Jake LaMotta cancelled. Between that and the three photo ops I got, the only two things left for me were an upgrade for Pete Rose and Mike Tyson. And I would not get the Tyson upgrade if I had no one to split with (which I didn't). So CSA show was officially a skip for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment