Monday, April 10, 2017

Some scattered meets throughout March

When it comes to names involved in the 9/11/2001 attacks, IMO the best combo to possess is Osama Bin Laden. The second best combo to possess is US president at the time, George W Bush. And the third best is IMO NYC mayor at the time Rudy Giuliani. So when I had a flight on him I decided to go. Also in town was Richard Dreyfuss, Sanaa Lathan, Stephan James, and others. Have Richard and Sanaa but wanted to upgrade my shots and try for autos (in my Richard shot he is Einstein faced). 

First stop is Rudy. We wait and he's a nice guy. Got the photo op and got him to sign some 9/11 rubble photos.

Next I go to the Dreyfuss spot. A Master pulls some strings to help me get the event. First I get some names I never heard of. Then I score an upgrade photo op with Richard but he refused to sign. I also scored actor Stephan James but Sanaa sadly refused me. Wow I would have never expected to be denied by Sanaa and score Richard. Goes to show you how combo hunting has no rhyme or reason. 

Waited for the event to end then outside I managed to get Richard to sign my American Graffiti blu ray. I will leave this a "Richard only" item. 

While waiting outside another combo hunter spotted Senator Cory Booker out on a jog. So I got a photo op. Sadly we never saw Sanaa come out so she probably garaged or came out a different way. Overall success but expected to get my Sanaa 8x10s signed and perhaps improve my photo op. 

Rudy Giuliani

Richard Dreyfuss

Full list of photo ops

Autographs

Behind the scenes, Rudy getting out of his vehicle


Next up was mid march. I wanted to improve my Kathy Bates shot and get her to sign my Fried Green Tomatoes DVD already signed by Mary Louis Parker. Arrive at the spot and sadly she is wearing shades but I get a photo op anyway and I get autographs

Photo op

Autographs


March is ending and next up was a flight for Dan Quayle, the VP under Bush Sr. Also on the flight was his wife, former second lady Marilyn Quayle. I see them and both are nice as can be for photo ops but they walk damn fast for old people. And being the only person waiting I could not arrange a dual shot so I selfied (Marilyn seemed a little surprised to do a photo op). Then I asked Dan to sign and he accepted. I needed his wife's auto but sadly by the time I finished getting Dan she was in her car. 

Had Joe Biden done a photo op with me when I had him one on one, Dan would have been my final living VP. 

Dan Quayle

Marilyn Quayle

Autographs





No comments:

Post a Comment