Tuesday, April 18, 2017

felt some AMAZING GRACE with a MAGIC DRAGON

There was an event with four main wants, namely Peter and Paul of Peter, Paul, and Mary (who are best known for Puff the Magic Dragon), Judy Collins (who I failed on in the past), and Roger McGuinn of the Byrds. 

I found flights for both Peter and Paul so decided to secure those two. First stop is Peter. I spot him and he is nice as can be, signing and doing photo ops. One random woman who was there said that she grew up with their music but would never have spotted him. I told her to get a photo op and she goes "oh no, I just let him be". WTF? I bust my ass off to get info, to go to spots, put in time, money, and effort, and this woman has something she is a fan of on a silver platter and rejects it? I just don't comprehend this. 

Next stop is Paul. I ask for a photo op he seems rather shocked but says "sure". Then I get autographs but doesn't want to sign all my photos. He signs a couple and says "you want the album?" I say yes. So he says "give me the album" and he signs that and rejects signing more. I thank him and he is off. 

Peter

Paul


Arrive the next day at the event spot. Within seconds I find free parking that's good for the entire day. To start with I'm alone and seconds after arriving at the right door I see Paul. I go up to him for more autographs and he chuckles as he goes "you look familiar" obviously remembering me from the prior day. I also got a Rosanne Cash shades shot (I have her from before no shades) and Luther Dickinson. Shortly after a Master arrives and it is just the two of us. It was a huge punch when he told me that he got Judy Collins on 17 things at the airport. I could have gone to the flight but I had other things going on when she landed and didn't think she'd be very gettable at the airport (therefore didn't change my plans). Though he told me she had hat and shades on which made the punch a little less painful. 

Get some lower names, get Tom Paxton photo op and autos who is nice as can be. 

Roger McGuinn ignores the two of us doing nothing for no one. I pleaded for just a photo op and the wife goes "we know what you do with those pictures". Like, really? 


Both Judy Collins and Peter arrive at the same time. I of course concentrate on Judy Collins. She signs both my albums and I ask for a photo op and to my shock she does it! I get the hat and shades shot. Singer and actress Brandy exits from a separate show and takes care of everyone. I got her twice before but she always had ugly hats on. So I upgraded my shot to no hat. Get a couple more lower names and leave the spot to recuperate. 

Shortly after the event starts I decide to go in case someone left early. I chill and see a car ready for a pick up. I thought, "you never know" and go outside and wait. Turns out Judy Collins is leaving early, and this time she has hat but no shades! I complement her and ask for a photo op and she does it! SCORE!! I couldn't believe it! With that I consider her virgilized and will happily never ever go for her again. Getting a no shades shot is actually more important here than perhaps any other scenario because her nick name is "Judy blue eyes"



and other combo hunters arrive. They are of course upset at missing Judy. I get a Last Internationale group shot (had them individually from earlier). Brandy lets out again and one combo hunter spots actress Roz Ryan so I get a photo op. On another door of the venue I get comedians Maz Jobrani and Tehran. Not sure who they are but Maz has been in movies. When the main event lets out Joresky spots Terry O'Quinn in the audience and I get an upgrade shot. See Rosanne Cash and I try for a no shades photo op but it's invalid. It's ok I got her before so I didn't chase her down for another. Get more lower names, more Tom Paxton autos, anther auto from Paul, and finally Peter comes out and I upgrade my photo op from the day before and get more autos from him. Sadly no Roger McGuinn. So that is the major failure of the day. 

As everything cleared out and I was leaving one young girl was waiting around and asked me how to get a cab here this late at night or if it's better to uber it. I asked where she's going, then I said I could give her a ride since it's not very much out of my way. She agreed and walked with me to my car. 

Peter

Judy Collins

Brandy

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2


Now to showcase autographs

Peter and Paul (no Mary)

Rosanne Cash

Tom Paxton

Judy Collins





No comments:

Post a Comment