Monday, May 8, 2017

Caitlyn, Richard, Alyssa, and more

With the horrid NYC crowds more rampant than ever as of late, I decided to veer my endeavors away from NYC where crowds are a handful of people if that. 

On a day Caitlyn Jenner was making an appearance I had a flight for actor Chad Lowe. The way I saw it, Caitlyn is a novelty shot and I can get Chad Lowe out of the way. 

So I first go for Chad Lowe at the airport and we are just two people. He is the nicest guy you could meet, doing combos, changing pens. 

Next up was Caitlyn Jenner. I wait for him/her to leave and he/she does combos for the 3 people waiting. I also get a ticket signed. Honestly I regret not printing a photo cause odds are I could have gotten it signed. 

As I was going home I then get a tip from a Master on what Richard Gere is doing. So I quickly head there not even knowing if he's still at the spot or not. Turns out he is there and graphers are waiting (total 4). I also pull an 8x10 from the trunk of my car. I got Richard before but I could use a better shot. We wait and the witching hour arrives. Richard Gere is a bit freaked out by us but does a combo with an old lady, does a photo op with me, then one grapher had to chase him down for his auto. I then ran after him for an auto and he goes "I'm leaving now" as he sits in the car. 

Overall not a bad day. 

Chad Lowe

Caitlyn Jenner

Richard Gere

Next day I go to a spot with a bunch of celebs. Sadly most of them I had and the ones I didn't have were basically pokemon names. But I had one main goal there, namely an upgrade with Alyssa Milano. I have one shot where she is pregnant and one shades shot which I got in NYC.

Again, you appreciate not being in NYC. The time I went JUST for her at an early morning spot there were maybe 10-15 people. Here you have an evening event with Alyssa Milano plus a bunch of other celebs including a former Walking Dead actress, and we are just THREE people including me and. Later on during exits two more joined totaling five. 

Celebs arrive and my first score is my main goal, an Alyssa upgrade! And compared to my previous shots it is night and day. Grab photo ops with pretty much everyone there. Also get autos from Tim Daly and and Sarah Wayne Callies. Had photos for Alyssa but her handler said on the way out. Also a punch was Justin Bartha cancelling. Already had him but printed photos for him. 

On exits I manage to get Alyssa to sign a cool shot of her being carried by Arnold (taken from the awesome movie Commando). As she is signing another for me the handler tells the people getting photo ops "one shot only" and she takes this as a queue to stop signing for me! WTF? But despite that I manage to pull teeth and get her to sign me one other 8x10 before being shut out. 

After this spot I go to another spot with Billy Bob Thornton and Chuck Leavell who was the keyboardist of the Allman Brothers during their peak. Already have Billy Bob so Chuck is my focus. I arrive and find out he is still in the building. That's good. After a little while I see him inside heading to the restaurant attached to the venue. I quickly enter to catch him before he sits at table. He is as nice as can be and does the photo op. 

Now I could have waited for Billy Bob or join Joresky and others for Kelley Deal of The Breeders. Since I wasn't sure what was up with Billy Bob I decided to got for Kelley. The show ended and I got a photo op with her and also Jason Narducy who is the inspiration for David Grohl. In hindsight though I wish I stayed for Billy Bob cause I could have upgraded to a no shades shot and gotten an autograph. 

Alyssa Milano

Full list of photo ops from that day

Signed 8x10s from the past two days

Caitlyn Jenner autograph


Next day I go to a spot for Kal Penn and Will Ferrell. I have Will but wanted a better shot plus autos. It lets out and sadly I'm not sure which side they're coming out from. Additionally they could have had a post show reception in the building. That combined with the event letting out later than expected, I decided to bail on this spot and join at another spot where I hope for better results. Going in we only see Dean Cain and Alan Ruck, both of which I have. But we heard that Matthew Modine and Lori Singer came in from the other side, both of which I need. So we all decide to wait for exits. When waiting for exits here is where Joresky is being an idiot. I told him we needed to be inside to see them directly walking out of the event, and they could even walk upstairs rather than come out to where we were, but he was too stubborn to listen. I went in there 2 minutes and immediately saw Mathew Modine. I altered Joresky and others on Mathew and they all got photo ops. I implored Joresky to come inside with me to increase our chances of seeing Lori Singer but yet was jut too yellow to listen to me


As a result we sadly never saw Lori Singer. I consider this day a bust. As Three Dog Night would say, ONE is the loneliest number. 

Matthew Modine

Dean Cain

Alan Ruck

No comments:

Post a Comment