Friday, May 12, 2017

Early May: Ricky, Gloria, Cindy, and a Groundhog

I went to the airport for character actor Stephen Tobolowsky. Now most of you would say WHO but look at his wiki he is actually a pretty solid name. Most notably he was in Groundhog Day. 

I arrive and while waiting two black girls who work in TSA ask me about my camera and chit chat. But then it's the witching hour as his plane lets out, so move away from them to concentrate. I spot him, ask for a photo op and he is happy to oblige. I then ask for autographs and again he is happy to do it. It was probably the first time he was ever stopped at an airport. He even extended his hand to shake mine after the fact. Those are truly the best types of names to meet, because you make them happy and they make you happy. 

After I got him the black girls at TSA then start asking me more questions like who he was and how did I know he was on that plane. After that two cops come up to me and ask me what I was doing. I said I was waiting now I am done. They then ask what was I waiting for and why I'm taking photos of "passengers". I tell them that he is an actor. They then ask what I was "writing" I say I was getting his autograph and I show them my signed photos. They go "ok" as they both turn away. According to the two black girls they looked like they wanted to "bite my head off". I told them truthfully that this was the first time cops came up and asked me what I was doing after getting someone here. After a little more chit chat I leave. 

Later that evening I tried for Timothy B Schmit of the Eagles. But sadly no luck he quickly ran into his vehicle amidst the crowd. 

Photo op

Autographs


Next day Ricky Martin is flying in. In NYC you would have 40 people waiting at the airport for him. Here we were only four! He comes out and goes "oh this is one of those airports". I ask for a photo op he goes "take it while I'm walking" and he also signs for me. He denied me a second even after signing a second for someone else. At one point he stops to wait for an elevator I ask "can I have another picture since you stopped" and he said sure. Then when he signs a third for someone I ask for a second he goes "I already signed 10 for you" and I tell him truthfully that's false and that he signed one for me and three for him. He signed me a second. At this point I decided to quit while ahead. Sucks he has cap and shades but at least the cap is on backwards so you can still see the forehead. 

Photo op

Autographs


On an evening I went for singer Gloria Gaynor. She is known for her hit song "I Will Survive". This is the same huge venue as  when I got Peter Frampton so I was dreading it. To remind you of it, there are two ways in/out and no way to quickly go from one to another and no way to watch both entries. To boot, I had nobody to go with because I couldn't for the life of me find anyone to join me. People either had her, had other plans, or couldn't make it. So I was literally the only combo hunter on the premises. From outside I was even able to mooch the tail end of the concert, including her most well known song. 

The back didn't look like it had any vehicles that could be used, but in the front I saw two possible vehicles, one of which was a van. At one point I even went to scout the back again (made me nervous to see employees leave from there) only to come back to the front and see people going in the van. I quickly rush to the van, I see 4 black females and 2 black males inside. I stand and inspect every black female in the van but none looked like her. PUNCH avoided. 

So now there was only one vehicle that looked like it could be hers. I wait and wait and see an entourage come out. I spot her! I ask for a photo op and she is happy to oblige. I then ask for autographs. For my own curiosity I waited to see if that was indeed her vehicle and I was right. I guess you know you've been doing this a while when you can correctly guess the car. 

Photo op

Autographs


Next up, probably the most famous supermodel of all time, Cindy Crawford. So when I found a flight for her I was ecstatic. Wait for her and she comes out and is a strict one per. I ask for a photo op and she goes "then I have to do it for everybody" but poses with me and with anyone else who asked. I was upset to have missed last year so it was nice to make this up. 

Photo op

Autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment