Friday, July 7, 2017

The haul to kick off July

There was an event in early July and I decided to try for some celebs. Most of them I had which is expected when you've been doing this for a while, but there were some photo ops I needed. Most notably actor Jim Belushi who is second billing in the awesome Arnold movie Red Heat plus he's been in a bunch of other things. And second biggest photo op want was up and coming actress Sofia Carson. 

I also had autograph wants, most notably Dan Aykroyd. First off I had some names in the Ghostbusters 1&2 digi book pack, and wanted to add him. And second off I once accidentally ruined the autograph on a Crystal Skull vodka bottle from when I got him the first time. So when I ruined it I rubbed it completely. Wanted to make that one up. 

The day starts in the airport with a flight for the Beach Boys. Already have them so this was mainly for autographs. First get Mike Love who signed but then stopped. Then Bruce Johnston who was shockingly super nice. Usually he is very tough to get a couple from so I only had 4 things with me. Had I known he would be that nice I would have had more. When they came to get him he told them "I'll take the shuttle in 5 minutes I want to take care of thee guys". It truly goes to show you how unpredictable combo can be. I also got photo ops with both just because. 

Next up was actor Jim Belushi. He signed and took pictures but was grumpy about it, even pushing us away. Success on one of my top photo op wants. So far so good!

Mike Love

Bruce Johnston

Jim Belushi

Autographs


Go to the next spot where I would spend the remainder of the day. Upon arriving I see Trace Adkins and quickly get out of the car to get an autograph. Had no need for a photo op. Was parked illegally at first but then I found a spot that was both free and legal, which honestly was a miracle. Then get a shades shot with Yolanda Adams. Then a photo op with Mark McGrath. Jim Belushi and the Beach Boys do nothing for no one. From then on the crowd starts to grow. John Stamos finally arrives and as he is about to come out and do combos but security intervenes and kills our "baby"  then they threaten us with arrest if we step on the property again. Dan Aykroyd eventually shows up and racks! I get him not only on my vodka bottle and blu ray, but also the box of the vodka bottle and three 8x10s. He almost signed the Bill Murray page of the book but thankfully I managed to stop him. Didn't get a photo op since I have two already. Though I half regret not getting a shot. I have him no hat or shades and I have him over the table with both hat and shades. Could have upgraded to a standing hat and shades as that is technically a blues brothers headed/faced shot. Sofia Carson leaves and says she will do it later when she gets back.


Markedout's adelta arrives. Al Franken shows up does nothing but then does it for all. Get combo and extra with Sam Moore (I already had him this is just a different shot). Then Yolanda Adams exits no shades and I get an upgrade. Others are pretty much inaccessible due to security. 

Most of the crowd clears and security seems to disappear for the most part. We wait and we anticipate a 3 or 4 hour wait before anything happens, even getting pizza. Turns out that 3-4 hour wait is a 1-2 hour wait! Chris Blue comes back and I get a shot. Not anticipating anything else to happen soon I had gone to my car to change phone batteries then I looked and saw action happen. I ran like a rocket and turns out Sofia Carson is doing photo ops! Wow I almost didn't get that luckily she was nice. 

4 Tops comes back. There is only one member that is valid, namely Abdul Duke Fakir. The other three are barely valid. He invites us to go INSIDE with him and he is nice as can be. Kellie Pickler comes and ignores us at first but then caves in and is nice as can be. Stage actress Laura Osnes arrives and is also nice as can be. There were others I already got earlier or in the past and barely valids around, but I didn't bother going by the door and asking if I didn't have to.

Finally after a little while the final score of the evening arrives, namely John Stamos. I got him to sign two Full House cast photos I started. Sadly in one of them he signed over DJ and Stephanie. And I was only missing one more (Joey) before declaring it complete! Ugh so damn upsetting! (Olsen twins may as well be dead so no need to factor them in).  

While others are getting John I get his wife Caitlin McHugh who is a barely valid actress (as I will never forget past mistakes). When that is done I get an upgrade with John. Last time I got him no shades was in 2009. 








Regarding the photo on the right, I'm thinking perhaps I can remove the DJ autograph and get that one again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment