Sunday, February 3, 2019

First NYC endeavor of 2019

After the Jackie Chan success, woke up and headed on to NYC. Ran into traffic which reminds me of one of the reasons why I always stay in the city and sleep in the car. Now came another challenge, to find free NYC parking close to lunchtime during a weekday. A task most anyone on this planet would label as impossible and mock you for actually trying. I managed to score a spot about 10 minutes away from where I needed to be. Sat in the car for 30 or so minutes till the spot became legal, then we split an uber to the spot (which was about the same as taking a train). 

My main want at this spot was someone I failed at during a movie shoot, Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins. The spot starts off with a barely valid or two. Patty tells me she will take care of me leaving. 

Leaving is when action happens. Get Connie Nielson. She is wearing shades but it's ok as I have a good shot from the past. Get actress India Eisley who seems like she could become somebody. And of course Patty who true to her word took a photo with me and even stated "told you I'd take care of you on exits". Got actor AJ Buckley update going in and on exits Jada Pinkette Smith update and an autograph. After this the weather was taking a toll on me so I went back to my car to be warm. Drove to another spot to meet with Vanessa the Jersey shore stalker and friend in the hopes to see Matthew McConaughey but no luck.

Evening came and went to a spot for James McAvoy. As we arrived he immediately pulled up. Ran and got a photo op. Already got him in the past but this is an good upgrade. Tried a few random spots but no luck. Back to the McAvoy spot for exits but he rushed into his car.

On to the next spot thanks to a  tip. Got actress Golden Brooks whom I missed at the first spot and got character actor Leland Orser. On to the last spot for Jay Patterson who played April's boss in the 1990 TMNT movie. Was a harder task than I imagined for a name of his caliber. I had to even chase him down to sign my laserdisc. WTF?

Overall a successful day. 

India Eisley


Patty Jenkins

James McAvoy

Leland Orser

Jay Patterson

Full list of Day 1 photo ops

Autographs obtained


Next day would start out on a sour note, which would sadly be a recurring theme throughout the day. We had a flight with all members of the Backstreet Boys. I figured I'd wake up and calmly go to that flight. Upon waking up, find out there were TWO reservations and they took the earlier one! PUNCH! At least I found that out before paying for airport parking. 

Went to a spot where we thought they might be but found no evidence of them. Next to a Matthew McConaughey spot. Sadly he is being reluctant to stop but does sign some. I am trying to get a photo op. First take was completely invalid, second take was invalid but much better, third take was valid but blurry. So I went to the next spot in the hopes of he would stop but he blanked going in.

While waiting at this spot I see John Goodman going in and leaving but he blanks. Needed a better shot plus autographs. There was a spot up the street where Anne Hathaway did combos but I had to miss that because I was waiting for Matthew. After Mathew left I had to park the car so I missed him doing autographs at the spot up the street. No one got photo ops though.

Park my car and head up the street. Wait there. Diane Lane exits and they say she will "do pictures" but no autographs. I find this suspect because I know she hates photo ops. She comes out and sure enough she poses for paps.

Hathaway and McConaughey do nothing. Miss ‎Adam Duritz of Counting Crows. Get an update with Famke Janssen. In NYC, if all else fails, go to the "easy" show spots. Walk over to another spot that is exiting where I miss actor Tom Glynn-Carney but get actress Catherine McCormack from Braveheart. 

Things ended just like it began, on a sour note. Found out the info for the last spot late. Drove there I missed Anne Hathaway doing combos. Needed her autograph plus a photo upgrade would have been nice. Not a good day, but didn't leave empty handed either.

Catherine McCormack

No comments:

Post a Comment