Friday, February 15, 2019

Some meets in early February

February is the coldest month. But there were a warm couple of days where I managed to score decent autos/photos/combos.

Let's start with probably the nicest warmest day of the year thus far where I would go to upgrade my photo op with Rosie O'Donnell and get her autograph. The show ends and people that range from the invalid to the barely valid begin to come out. And there the Kate Upton blunder takes over my mind as I get photo ops with anyone I see doing combos. 

Also saw Mark Linn-Baker whom I got a few times before. But I'm such a huge Perfect Strangers fan and he's such a nice guy that I'll always grab a photo op with him when I see him. This time I got him with a mustache which I guess is a little different. As he was signing down the line I told everyone how he's cousin Larry and a TV legend to which he seemed to enjoy.

Finally Rosie comes out and to my astonishment she is super nice taking care of everyone in line. She signed my Exit To Eden DVD and described it as a "terrible" movie. I wasn't there but in the coming days it was really cold and shockingly she still came out and took care of people.

After Rosie it was back to Kate Upton Kate Upton Kate Upton as I stayed and grabbed other people doing combos including a couple of children. Also I did get an upgrade with actress Veanne Cox who is valid (she has a cap in my photo op from 2010). It should be noted that actress Jessie Mueller stopped coming out after the first night.

Rosie O'Donnell photo op

Rosie O'Donnell autograph

Full list of photo ops


Next morning I decide to go for a Taraji P. Henson flight. I already got 2 ops with her but have unsigned items. She came in and signed but wouldn't take photo ops. Since she had a hat and shades the photo op would have been a downgrade anyway. 

Taraji P. Henson Autographs

It was also good weather so I decided to upgrade my photo op with the legendary Frankie Valli later that evening. Plus I never got his autograph and he's getting up there in age so windows to these opportunities are dwindling. 15 minutes away were flights of members of the band Gin Blossoms. I decided to go for that for a few reasons 1) provides a backup in case Frankie is a failure 2) I already have the lead singer so may as well get the others 3) They were doing a paid m&g so it's always a nice feeling to get for free what others pay for.

Of the 4 members besides the singer, 2 are original, 1 is not original and wasn't there for the early hits but was in the band for the longest time, and 1 is barely valid. They all land and are super nice. The lead singer's flight got delayed luckily I could go to the Frankie Valli spot as I have him. Though in hindsight I could have easily stayed there then gone to Frankie. 

Gin Blossoms photo ops

Wait for Frankie after his show. In this nice weather, if this were NYC, you would have like 30-40 people at least. Here we have about 10. We see a van in the garage and we figure this is where Frankie will escape from. So we are all in position to beat him to the next spot. Meanwhile there's a bus that is loading up a slew of invalidity in the form of Frankie's current band. 

We wait and lo and behold Frankie actually walks out! His guy screams and calls people ebayers and says one per person. I manage to beg and struggle to score the photo op! Got the full combo! Mission accomplished! 

Frankie goes in the same bus as the invalids (presumably to go into the next town) and as the bus is leaving it collides with a car.


Frankie Valli photo op

Frankie Valli autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment