Thursday, June 13, 2019

The Complete Wrestlemania week report

Yes this is late. But better late than never. For Wrestlemania week I would combine Wrestlecon, WWE Axxess, WWE hotel spots, and various celeb spots. Let us begin.

I arrive in NYC the Thursday before Wrestlemania. I stop by Wrestlecon to get my wristband. I was also greeted by former board members Rob and Peter, and current board members Todd and Bobby. It was good to see them all. Go to get my wristband and they said I was too late to get it (even though I wasn't) but eventually I managed to pull strings and get it. While there I got a free suited Jushin Thunder Liger photo op. Didn't come out the best but free is free.

I then go at a spot to try for actress Sandra Oh but sadly she blanks. Zachery Levi is also there but I chose not to stay for that chaos since I have him. I also found out that I missed Robert Pattinson at a spot so I went to see if he was still there but sadly found no evidence of that.

I left to a spot for actors from the Sabrina The Teenage Witch reboot and sadly was late as they entered as I arrived. I got Gavin Leatherwood on entry and on exit Jaz Sinclair and Kiernan Shipka. Sadly missed actress Michelle Gomez and she went in the car before anyone got a chance to ask. 

Went to the final spot of the evening where I got great names. But they were sadly all names I already had.  Anthony Edwards, Sarah Paulson, Pedro Pascal, Frank Grillo, and Oscar Isaac. What an epic haul that would have been if they were first time meets.

Jushin Thunder Liger

Kiernan Shipka

Full list of Thursday photo ops


Friday starts off with Wrestlecon. Sadly due to money issues and my long list of wants I had to cut out a lot of fat. But I got all the main people I wanted. Some highlights for me include first time Taka Michinoku and Essa Rios shots. I also got my only pro op for wrestlecon, a photo op with Robed Ric Flair. Though I think he kinda ruined it by wearing a blue shirt underneath. He could have easily removed it. I upgraded my Dutch Mantell photo op and got an awesome "We The People" pose. Also saw markedout board members Lanza, ICW, Ira, and former board member Rob. For Joey Ryan I opted for a plain non-penis touching pose.

I went to try for a spot for Alyson Hannigan but bailed as I deemed the setup fruitless. Would delay this one till the next day. So I headed to my Friday Axxess session where I had a VIP for the only McMahon that had somehow alluded me all these years. The best in the woooooooorld himself, Shane McMahon!

Robed Ric Flair

Taka Michinoku

Dutch Mantell

Full list of Wrestlecon Friday photo ops


My first Axxess session for this Wrestlemania would not be the most fruitful for 2 reasons. First I was just learning the rules of the jungle, so to speak. And second I of course had the Shane VIP so that got priority. It would start ok as I went into an autograph line for Elias, someone who has eluded me. Shelton Benjamin and Sonya Deville was in that line but I had them. Elias was nice and enjoyed the fact that he was basically the reason I entered the line.Tried to wait at another autograph line for an Usos group shot and Jackie Moore upgrade but then that changed out to people I didn't need (Rey Mysterio, Honky Tonk Man) so I left that. Had my spot reserved in the VIP line with various markedout board members. While waiting I managed to go into one photo op line where I would get a group shot with the Singh brothers, another Jeff Jarrett shot, and an upgrade with X-Pac.

Finally it is time for the main event, and I get up to Shane. I managed to get the offered promo signed plus my CS figure. 

Elias

Shane McMahon

Full list of Friday Axxess photo ops

Shane McMahon autographs


After this I reluctantly got dragged by Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker and friend to the WWE hot spot as I felt I would be pulling teeth there. But it turned out to be a good decision as I got a few first time names including rare names like the Miz's father and Rey Mysterio's son. These are the kind of names I like Wrestlemania for. Cause most other names you can get while they tour. It is the rare names that won't come around and you likely won't see at a con. Dominic Mysterio was surprisingly not a nice guy considering his father is one of the nicest. Had to break him down for hims to stop and when he did do ops he partially covered his face. Also got an unmasked Abyss, something which eluded me. And of course when people I had many ops with were working the crowd I didn't have to fight for it which was a nice feeling.

Another note, Chris Hero actually commented that he's seen my celebrity photo ops. That doesn't happen too often. 

Dominic Mysterio

George Mizanin

Abyss

Full list of Friday WWE street meets part 1

Full list of Friday WWE street meets part 2


Next day would start early morning at the airport on a high note. Myself, Vanessa, and friend parked at the cell phone waiting lot, slept, woke up, parked at the airport parking lot. We would be at the airport early in the morning for one of the last cast members of both Buffy and American Pie that I still need, Alyson Hannigan! With her were her two kids and her husband and fellow Buffy/Angel actor, Alexis Denisof. She was as nice and as sweet as I've always heard her to be. Her husband initially didn't want to do the op saying we all want her but I told him I wanted him as well.

Alyson Hannigan

Alexis Denisof

Alyson autographs


Next up, back to Wrestlecon! I start with a free photo op with a face painted Mantaur! I then upgrade my Jacqueline Moore photo op. My main want was a Masato Tanako shot which I got. Trent Beretta and Chuck Taylor came late and did free photo ops. Among other meets. Also got Jonathan Coyle, husband of Eva Marie. 

Masato Tanaka

Full list of Wrestlecon Saturday photo ops



Back to Axxess for my second session! I run into an autograph line for Bobby fish, Kyle Orielly, Jessmyn Duke, and Marina Shafir. Need 3 of those 4. Went through then it was time for the photo ops. This time I would do better than last time thanks to being able to work the lines. Unfortunately I would get a lot of repeats which is expected when you have as many names as I do. And I would have misses which again is expected in a setting like this. Some names I got includw The Forgotten Sons and The War Raiders. Some misses include Jessica Elaban, Toni Storm, and Velveteen Dream. 

End this session with an autograph line for Aliyah, one newcomer who was loving the attention, and Matt Riddle. Also got to hand out with Lanza, oldschool mike, and his son Isaac who gave me a high five!

War Raiders

The Forgotten Sons

Aliyah

Full list of Saturday Axxess photo ops




Off to the WWE hotspot where I get Pete Dunne and others. And I got one of the rare scores that I love, namely the undefeated former WWE Tag Champion, Nicholas! He was so friendly his dad John Cone was with him.

Nicholas

Full list of Saturday WWE street meets



Bail on wrestling for the evening and go to a spot to find info for the next spot. Prior to Wrestlemania I missed out on a lot of Game of Thrones names. So this spot was a way to redeem that a little. I swept up markedout board member adelta then on to the next spot for actor Kit Harrington and others. 

Sadly Kit signs a few going in, does no ops. Leaving he blanks along with his wife Rose Leslie. Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde show up. Olivia is blanking but I have her. Jason was taking ops but I had no reason to fight for another op with him. Zachary Levi blanks but again no big deal. Leaving he does sign autographs. Despite the shortcomings I got first time photo ops with Game of Throne actors Jacob Anderson, Joe Dempsie, and John Bradley and Game of Throne creators David Benioff and DB Weiss. So I'd say this spot was a success just not a sweeping success.  

Full list of Saturday celeb photo ops



Sunday, the day of Wrestlemania, would be a relatively easy and relaxing day. I went to a spot to upgrade my photo op with Tony Goldwyn. Despite a venue employee wanting me removed and threatening to "call a car" on me, I stood my ground on the public sidewalk and eventually she was overruled by other staff members. I managed to get the combo with Tony and also actor Nick Wyman. Just cause I was right there I got another photo op with Bryan Cranston along with a signed program. Tatiana Maslany snuck out though I have a photo op.

Full list of Sunday celeb photo ops

Autographs


Next up, I go into a bar and I watch Wrestlemania. Then head off to the WWE spot after it ends. I upgrade my Lacey Evans photo op (has a hat and all made up, so technically a gimmick shot) plus get some other ops. Also said hello to Byron Saxton who recognizes me.

Full list of Sunday WWE street meets


I decided to do my third and last Axxess Monday. Me and Vanessa parked by the venue, slept, and walked there. This time I would be able to pull every stop cause by now I knew what I was doing. So I did better this session than any other. Also got to hang out with former board member heelorton.

I start by getting Adam Cole in the lobby then go for photo op lines. One notable miss was Chelsea green as I was almost there when they switched to 3 people I didn't need. I was already in front of that line so I went through anyway. One of them was a suited Naomi. She goes "I met you before" and I confirmed it and commended her memory. Besides that I got people I had and people I didn't have.

I ended with an autograph line for Andrade. I figured I'd upgrade my hat and shades shot. Sadly he is wearing shades in this shot. Still an upgrade. 

Ligero

Mandy Rose

Moustache Mountain

Full list of Monday Axxess photo ops part 1

Full list of Monday Axxess photo ops part 2


Sadly while doing Axxess I miss a couple of celebs I needed at a spot. But I guess you can't be everywhere. I go to that spot see what else I can salvage. Greg is waiting for Garth Brooks whom I have. Vanessa's friend David informs me of a couple of models nearby. Remembering my Kate Upton blunder I join him and get the photo ops. Back to where Garth Brooks is about to come out I get a photo op with one of the daughters of George W Bush. Garth Brooks leaves and luckily I don't need to fight for that photo op.

Go with Greg to the book signing for Alfred Gough and Miles Miller (creators of Smallville). Get photo ops. Then we drive to a spot for actor Adam Godley and get him leaving. Greg gets the info for a spot for a want of mine, namely Paul Reiser. But sadly by the time we get there he is gone. With that, I decided to leave the city.   

Full list of Monday celeb photo ops

No comments:

Post a Comment