Monday, June 17, 2019

Chiller Theater, 80s Wrestling Con, Alec Baldwin, and more!

I arrive at Chiller Friday afternoon. I would split a few photo ops with Greg. And I would get among other things TV Moms from 3 TV shows I loved. ALF, Out of this World, and Erie Indiana. I would also get my two top wants out of the way, namely Cheryl Ladd of Charlie's Angels fame and Jason Priestly of 90210 fame (spoiler alert, this would end up being a waste of money as I got him for free a month later). Also knocked out most of the Saturday Night Fever cast, among other things.

Cheryl Ladd

Jason Priestley

Anne Schedeen

Donna Pescow

Full list of Friday Chiller photos


Rather than hang around the lobby post Chiller like I normally do, this time I left to NYC for a rather ambitious goal. To score a photo op with one the biggest asshole actors, Alec Baldwin. I heard he did ops at a spot earlier while I was at Chiller (which was heart crushing).

I take my chances at a spot where he wasn't even sure to show up. And sure enough he did! I was the only person who asked him for the op and got it. Though on the way out heelorton and friend also got it. This spot was also rather productive as I got a first time shot with actress Scottie Thompson from Skyline and actors Dean Winters and Luke Kleintank. And I got an update with Thomas Jane and an upgrade with Anne Heche. Almost didn't get Luke because towards the end I didn't even know if Luke was still inside but I opted to wait it out and thankfully I saw him.

Alec Baldwin

Scottie Thompson

Full list of post Chiller Friday photos



Drive to iplay American in NJ and sleep in the parking lot. My plan for Saturday is 80s Wrestling Con, then Chiller, and back to NYC. I wake up and go to the con. Purchase admission and as I find out inside, what was literally my only want, namely Slick Johnson, has cancelled. I complain to the promoter to get a refund for my admission as I needed nothing else beyond a Slick photo op. He asks if there's anything else I could possibly want. I think about it and I asked if he could get me a photo op with two of the original GLOW girls (who were vendor guests). He graciously took me to the vendor table and asked the vendor to hook me up. I figured this way my coming here wouldn't be a total waste of time.

Lightning

The Royal Hawaiian


Next up, back to Chiller and meet up with Greg for a split. Get Liane Curtis of Sixteen Candles and George Wyner of Spaceballs. Next, go to the Amerindian of the Village people who gave out a free autograph if you bought something. Went to Chris Kirkpatrick of Nsynch where Bill Pailey gave me a full combo for the photo op price. Would then get names from American Graffiti, Happy Days, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, among others. Ended Chiller by negotiating a cheaper price for the little boy from Young Indiana Jones.

Full list of Saturday Chiller photos

Chiller autographs


Now it was back to NYC for more film festivities! My first spot is for actor Christopher Guest. Jamie Lee Curtis stopped but I have a good shot already so I didn't ask. Despite my best efforts I sadly could not get Guest. I got repeats ops in Alysia Reiner and Michael McKean. On to the next spot where my primary goal is Amber Heard. Through the skin of my teeth I succeed in getting a combo with her despite the chaos. I also score a first time shot with young actor Charlie Plummer. Go back to try for Guest but fail again on him. 

The final spot for the evening is another attempt at Amber Heard to try for autos but never saw her. Got some other names though, such as first time shots with actors Jacob Latimore and Kelvin Harrison Jr. And I finally got a great shot with Elijah Wood without having to pay for it. My first shot he has shades. My second shot has a horrid photo bomb. Also saw Dua Lipa but she blanked. Though I have her.

Amber Heard

Charlie Plummer

Elijah Wood

Full list of post Chiller Saturday photos

Amber Heard signed magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment