Thursday, June 13, 2019

Some scattered meets throughout April

First up, a music event. I get a photo op with actress Kat Graham though I had her. I get other names including Talking Heads guitarist Jerry Harrison. Apparently he is pretty rare. 

Full list of photo ops


A trip to the Danger Zone! It was to the airport for a want of mine who has eluded me the past few years, singer Kenny Loggins! He was super friendly and did multi combos for everyone waiting.

By coincidence in the same flight was voice actress Debi Derryberry. So I grabbed a photo op.

Kenny Loggins

Debi Derryberry

Autographs


Next up I wait at a venue for singer Todd Rundgren who is known for both the band Utopia and as a solo artist. While waiting out comes Kasim Sulton who is a semi original member of Utopia and sang in the 1980 hit "set me free". He is nice as can be. Todd finally comes out and is also super nice.

Todd Rundgren

Kasim Sulton


This event was not so much a combo focused event. Me and one buddy decided to see a college play that John Astin and his son produced. I needed a photo op with his son Mackenzie Astin and of course could always get John Astin autos. My riding buddy needed autographs from Mackenzie Astin. So we ventured. 

I actually enjoyed the show for two reasons. First off it was about a person finding her mother's stamp albums which featured a couple of rare stamps. I was able to appreciate it since as a former stamp collector (one of my pre combo hobbies) I know about things like the inverted Jenny (which was one of the rare stamps in the play). And second, in college I used to act in plays so it was a fun way to sort of revisit my past.

Entered the venue and I immediately get shots with both Astins. Tried to get John autos but he said after the show. We both watched the show which was actually pretty enjoyable. John Astin also watched the whole thing. After the show Mackenzie took as downstairs, signed for my buddy, and told us to wait for his father. The play's actors started leaving. I actually grabbed a photo op with the female lead of the play. According to her bio her major is theater and she does look good so you never know (plus of course, Kate Upton).

After everything cleared John signed by 8x10s. We chatted with them, they thanked us for coming. Got a father/son dual op. While not combo centric, it was a fantastic experience. Only way this would have been better would be if this were actually my first time meeting John. THEN I would have really been euphoric. 

Father/Son Dual op

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


Go from a great experience to a horrific one. I would attend a rally for presidential hopeful Beto O Rourke. At the time it seemed like he had a good shot of being the front runner. Now not so much. Sat through the whole thing and it was horrific! I guess if America votes for this it deserves a slow and painful death. As he left he barely did anything. I managed to get an out of focus shot and no autograph. Tried outside but no luck either. Should have gone to the airport where someone got him. Stupid stupid. 

Photo op

Me looking all miserable as he talks


The Great Philadelphia Comic Con! My main wants were voice actor Charlie Adler AKA Buster Bunny and Nick Frost. Admission was a whopping $55. So I was hoping for a miracle. I see two people I know and they happened to have an extra press pass! SCORE! I get in for free!

As I entered the con I got both Charlie Adler and Nick Frost out of the way. Finally got Jake Busey whom I never bothered with in the past. Got Kenny James AKA Bowser. Got actor Anson Mount. 

There were 4 Expanse actors. One I got for free in NYC. But the other 3 were expensive so I only got Dominique Tipper since she was in other stuff such as Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. Got actors Keone Young, Michael Hogan, and Daniel Bonjour. My previous shot with Michael Dorn was blurry (idiot table handler) and since he was doing cheap table ops I decided to bite for an upgrade. Pupeteers Jim Martin and Noel MacNeal were free for ops so those were no brainers to get even though I'm not familiar with their work. Ended my time here with some free artists ops as I exited 

Nick Frost

Charlie Adler


Full list of Great Philadelphia Comic Con photo ops



Finally, wanted to try for Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason. Waited at the venue and he signed by sadly did no photo ops. I then tried at the airport but again he didn't do photo ops. But I did get a combo with Spandau Ballet guitarist and movie actor Gary Kemp (The Bodyguard, among others)

Gary Kemp

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment