Monday, October 25, 2021

Best days of 2021, photo op of the year!

October 2021 I would skip NYCC for the first time since in 10 years! But following that, I had a very successful few days, probably my best days of 2021. 

First off, actor David Strathairn from movies such as LA Confidential, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Godzilla (2014), its sequel Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and many more. At first he only wanted to sign and do no photo ops saying "you already have a picture" (referring to my 8x10s) but another combo hunter talked him into the ops! Victory from an actor who normally does no ops!

David Strathairn

Autographs


Next up, Simon Rex (from the Scary Movie franchise) and other cast members of the movie Red Rocket at the airport. First op, director Sean Baker and actress Suzanna Son. Both were cool but Suzanna didn't remove the mask. However when they went outside I asked her again and she did the photo no mask. 

Then actress Brittany Rodriguez who was also cool. Then the main guy Simon Rex who was super cool. Signed and he removed the mask without me even asking. Finally actress Bree Elrod who was cool.

Simon Rex

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


Next day I had two main objectives, actresses Dakota Johnson and Ann Dowd (Marley & Me, The Notorious Bettie Page, among others). I arrive. Not long after I happen to be standing in the place where Dakota is walking with her guards. I ask for the op she goes "hiiii" and the guard says "not right now we're in a hurry" and taps me on the back.

Then I see Ann Dowd, ask for the op. She's about to take it and I ask about the mask. She puts it down! I get the proper op and get autographs.

After an hour or so I see Dakota walking back. Rather than run after her I go around to try to intercept her but she doesn't show! I wonder if they snuck her somehow, but turns out she was in a room doing interviews. So I wait, eventually she comes out and I ask. Was getting ready to selfie the op. Her handler from earlier said he would take it. I give him the camera. He said no touching which I had zero issue with! And BOOM the money shot! Photo op of the year right there! At this point the objective is down I try to persist for an autograph to no avail. I then leave.

Ann Dowd

Dakota Johnson

Autographs


And finally had a time and place for actor Kenneth Branagh (Wild Wild West, Cinderella (2015), Thor, Murder on the Orient Express, among others). He arrives and the nicest celebrity you could ever meet. Don't think nicer exists. Most they can do is match him. Took off both his mask and hat without me even asking signed no issue.

Kenneth Branagh

Autographs


No comments:

Post a Comment