Tuesday, October 5, 2021

A WWE airport haul in 2021

So I decided to do a WWE airport run with two others. Markedout board member adelta and one other. I had a few people's flights confirmed but most I didn't. I figured I see who I see. I was also worried about mask shots, and sadly those ended up happening. I tried pleading people to remove the masks, but that did not work. My items for autographs were volumes 3 and 4 of the WWE Encyclopedia. 

However, some did in fact remove masks by default. So I also got no mask shots and lots of autographs. For people I had that didn't take off the mask, I didn't bother with a photo op. For people I had that did take off the mask, I got an update.

Frist up was T-Bar (fresh). He was super cool, took the mask off. A good start. Sadly this would be the only no mask shot for a while. 

Next was a mass flight. Reggie, Mace, Tegan Nox, Austin Theory, and Xia Li were names I didn't have. NONE removed the mask. Mace had no luggage so I chased him outside and he still didn't remove mask saying the wife will kill him. Also tried to chase Austin Theory outside after he got his bags but no dice on the no mask op. Got autos from Reggie, Mace, Rhea Ripley. The big punch here is Rick Boogs was on the flight but I never saw him. He must have had no luggage and slipped out in the chaos. And he is one that would have removed the mask. Wow that was painful. Also found out Rhea did no mask shots I would have taken an update. We saw the group Hit Row (2 of the guys and the girl) but they refused photos of any kind, probably cause they don't want their arrival to the draft to be revealed. 

Next up saw randomly Omos. He didn't remove the mask which really stung cause he's so huge the shot would have been epic. He signed as well. He went outside and was chilling without the mask. I tried pleading for a no mask shot to no avail. Saw Liv Morgan she removed the mask but I have her. Saw Drew McIntyre got him to sign. Also saw Michael Hayes and got him to sign. He declined photo ops even with mask thankfully I have him. 

Next mass flight was the peak of the evening where we were running around all over the place. That was chaos defined!

First up followed a guy out cause he had no luggage and was leaving. Didn't recognize him with the mask. He did remove the mask for the ops but it was Drew Gulak who I had. 

Saw Apollo, Commander Azeez, and Ricochet outside. I tried for the Commander Azeez shot but sadly he kept the mask. Got Apollo to sign. Was going to ask Ricochet to sign but he was on the cell phone and there was too much stuff going on. So I aborted that mission. Saw Sasha Banks. Would have tried for an auto but I know she is foul and again there was too much stuff going on.

Got autographs from Elias and Drake Maverick. Mansoor sadly kept the mask. John Morrison removed the mask and I got an update after many years. Got autos from him as well.

Then an awesome thing happened. Saw Veer and Shanky together. They did awesome dual shots without the mask and signed. Both are fresh meets. They were super nice! 

Riddle was in character and super nice. I go up to him and say "broooo". Got the combo no issue and he removed the mask. Also got Ibar of the Viking Raiders to sign.

Got a no mask update with Karrion Kross and an auto. He said I looked familiar. And I told him I met him at a con in Jersey. Also got Toni Storm sadly she kept the mask on.

Now the peak/chaos was winding down. There was someone who I didn't recognize hanging out with Drake Maverick. They both exited. Then I thought to myself, "damn I should get a photo op with him". So I ran outside and chased them, asked this guy for a photo op (he had already removed the mask at that point) and he did the op! Upon further research turns out it's Shane Thorne AKA Slapjack from Retribution. YES! Fresh meet no mask! 

We see Humberto Carrillo and Angel Garza with masks. They were cool and signed and did ops. Angel Garza removed the mask.

The storm ended. We see Jinder Mahal who was super nice, did no mask shots and signed. Then see David Hart Smith. I hadn't marked his pages and I couldn't find his single entries on the encyclopedias. So I quickly went to the Hart Dynasty entries and had him sign them. He then exited. I was told he did no mask shots. WTF! I didn't get him since 2010. So I ran outside, he entered the shuttle to the rental cars. I went inside, asked him for the op, then got the update after 11 years!

It was a calm flight for Riddick Moss, whom I never met. We followed him outside and he was super cool doing no mask shots. 

See Keith Lee and got him to sign. Then wait for Bobby Lashley whom we had a flight on. But turns out he canceled the flight. But saw both Jamie Noble and D-Von Dudley. While they were searching for the rental car shuttle I got Jamie Noble to sign but D-Von wouldn't sign.

This ended the airport trek.

All in all, I got 5 fresh no mask shots, 7 update no mask shots, and lots of autos. So I was definitely successful. However, 9 people I needed photo ops with didn't take the mask off. To say that was devastating and heart breaking is an understatement. How awesome would it have been to get 14 fresh ops in one evening! Wow just wow. 

Now, on to the photo ops

T-Bar

Shanky and Veer

Shane Thorne AKA Slapjack

Madcap Moss AKA Riddick Moss

Full list of photo ops part 1

Full list of photo ops part 2

Autographs obtained


WWE_V3


David Hart Smith (Hart Dynasty entry)
Michael Hayes (Freebirds entry)
Jinder Mahal
John Morrison

WWE_V4

Akira Tozawa
Angel Garza
Apollo Crews
Drew McIntyre
Elias
Humberto Carrillo
Jinder Mahal
John Morrison
Keith Lee
Rhea Ripley
Riddick Moss
Ibar (Viking Raiders entry)
Michael Hayes (Freebirds entry)
Drake Maverick
David Hart Smith (Hart Dynasty entry)
Jamie Noble

Inside cover

Veer
Shanky

Karrion Kross
Reggie
Mace
T-Bar
Omos

No comments:

Post a Comment