Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Four cons in one weekend! Including a rare sports meet for me.

In one weekend I would attend a total of FOUR different cons (and one of them I would go twice).

On Friday of that weekend I would go to Monstermania in Oaks, PA which had quite a few names for me. The main one being Omri Katz from Hocus Pocus and Eerie, Indiana fame. This was his first con and he seemed to enjoy it. 

I would also get Tony O'Dell from the original Karate Kid, Carl Thibault and Lisa Fuller from Monstersquad, Kim Coates from Black Hawk Down, Sons of Anarchy, and more.

Then Jacob Bertrand from Cobra Kai, Malcolm Danare from Christine and National Lampoon, William Ostrander from Christine, Doug Tait from Freddy vs Jason (and he also played Big Foot). I also finally caved in and got Ron Thomas from Karate Kid after seeing him at cons for years. 

Thankfully the virus did not ruin any of the photo ops I wanted as they did in Monstermania Hunt Valley. The only one was William Ostrander who wanted you to be distant for the shot (which is fine).

A friend of mine was there. He was getting Ross Marquand who I already have. I took his solo shots then was invited to get in the shot by the handler, the celeb, and my buddy. So I took the free group shot. 

Full list of Monstermania photo ops


That Saturday I would start with CSA show in Chantilly, VA. I went in and got a photo op with Cathy Rigby, an iconic gold medalist and also played Peter Pan on broadway. Got the op for only $10.

Cathy Rigby


Left and went to Baltimore. There were two cons on the very same street, 2-3 blocks apart from one another. TF Con at the Hilton and Baltimore Comic Con at the convention center. Found metered parking for $6 right by those cons. So I took it rather than drive around to look for free parking and having to walk to the cons. Plus it allowed me to go back and forth to the car if I needed to.

First up, TF Con. I got a photo op with Transformers voice actor Hal Rayle. He also voiced the Predator in the second Predator movie. I also got a free photo op with Bob Budiansky who is best known for the Transformers comic book and creating many of the characters. 

Then I went to Baltimore Comic Con. My main want was Karl Kesel who worked on the Death of Superman storyline. Also needed Brett Breading autographs despite meeting him before. Sadly my main want, Karl, canceled within the last two days. PUNCH! 

Another want of mine John Beatty who worked on Batman comics was charging $10 an autograph. So I opted for the free photo op. I got ops with several comic book names some were fresh some like Jim Shooter was an upgrade. Thankfully the only one who kept the mask on was Bob McLeod who I already had. I got Brett Breading to sign 5 items at $5 per item. 

TF Con and Baltimore Comic Con photo ops

Signed Superman comics part 1

Signed Superman comics part 2

It doesn't show in the photos, but those three trade paperbacks also have Dan Jurgens on the front cover.


That Sunday I went back to CSA show. This time for baseball legend Roger Clemens. I figure he's a pretty big name in baseball and he has been in a few movies. But he was $200 a pro op (before even buying a jpeg) and $175 and up for the autograph. Obviously I had no interest in paying these prices for him. But I found somebody with two items to get signed so I held his autograph ticket and I was hoping he would do free table ops. And indeed he did! 

Roger Clemens

No comments:

Post a Comment