Wednesday, November 17, 2021

An evening in New York City after Atlantic City

After I was done with Atlantic City, it was off to New York City. I found free parking just a few blocks from Times Square. And right there and then I was in the vicinity of where I needed to be. Score! 

For my first spot I try for actor Hunter Parrish. Jeff Daniels is also there but I have him and he's not nice anyway. As the spot let out they said celebs wouldn't be stopping but you could watch them leave. Of course this doesn't deter me as I know I can follow the celeb for a block or two and ask anyway. I see a guy with a mask leave and wonder if that's Hunter. Turns out it was indeed Hunter and by the time I figured that out he was lost in the crowd. Fail. 

Off to the next spot. At this spot is actress Patty McCormack from The Bad Seed and the TV show The Ropers. Judith Ivey was supposed to be there but she got injured. Thankfully I have her and needed most everybody else besides her!  

To boot, everyone at this spot was super nice and super friendly. And there would only be one other combo hunter besides me. If only it could always be this way I would actually enjoy doing this more. 

First up stage actor Jonathan Spivey. Spivey was wondering "who is this for?" when I wanted my op. First I clarified that I wanted a photo with not of. Then he asked again "who is this for?" Not sure what he thinks I was going to do with it. But I simply responded "for me". He took the op. 

Then Dan Lauria from Wonder Years. Met him a few times but got some photos signed, the show program, and an updated op. Then get actress
 Alma Cuervo photo op and autograph on the show program.

After that Tony Roberts who has been in Annie Hall and other Woody Allen movies. Got the op and the autograph on the show program. Actually wish I printed photos for him.

Waited and 
Patty McCormack comes through, along with actress Lindsay Crouse. She is super sweet. Signed my 8x10s, signed my program, and took a photo op. As her and Lindsay were calling a car I waited a few feet from  them cause I still needed Lindsay. Patty asks me who I'm waiting for and I point to Lindsay. She tells Lindsay that I'm waiting. Then I get the photo op and autograph on the program.

The other combo hunter notices a man riding a bike. He thinks it's John Rubenstein. I chase the bike, it's now across the street. I yell "JOHN" and it is indeed him. He waited till the walking light changed so I could cross the street. Asked him for the op he goes "with my helmet on?" and he removed it and I took the op. Then got him on the program. Sadly did not see actress Alley Mills (the mom from Wonder Years). 

Head on to the next spot to try for actor Simon Russell Beale. I wait for the spot to let out then eventually see him with a mask. I ask for the op he is hesitant but agrees and puts down his mask. I get the op. I ask for the autograph on the program he goes "we're not supposed to" as he got whisked away.

Sadly I forgot to wait for actor Adrian Lester who has been in some movies. Adam Godley was there as well but I had him already.

Then I meet up at a spot with Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker to get the info for the next and final spot for the evening.

When there I see epicness. Sadly epicness in both Ryan Reynold and Blame Lively completely blank. Taylor swift is there and also blanks. 

Anya Taylor-Joy, Sadie Sink, and Sophie Turner also do nothing. I need Anya already have the other two.

I got a repeat shot with Zazie Beetz from Deadpool 2. Actor Jonathan Majors comes and he is super nice. I even get another shot as he leaves because of a photobomb. I get a photo op with actress Mckenna Grace from Ghostbusters Afterlife. She is super nice. I also get actor Paul Hauser from Cruella. 

Sophie Turner walks away and ignores. As Sadie Sink leaves I try to catch her attention with our photo op from RICC 2017. I was hoping to get an update since she is more grown up now. I say "Sadie remember this" she goes "oh my God". I then ask for an updated photo but she ignores. Hey at least I was the only one at the spot to actually get her attention. 

Ryan, Blake, and Taylor all sneak out. The spot pretty much winds. Security guards gone. everyone waiting gone. Me and Vanessa are in the car about to leave. We then see Anya and her girlfriend just hanging out. OMG! We have a clean shot at them! We wait and their uber arrives. We ask her 2 on 1 and she declines us. Dammit! 

This ended my time in NYC as I would leave the city, nap at a rest stop, and go home. Despite the failures, overall a very solid evening with lots of solid names! So I was happy with my haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment