Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Williamsburg Nostalgia Fest and New Jersey Horror Con in Atlantic City

Almost back to back I would attend two cons, Williamsburg Nostalgia Fest and New Jersey Horror Con in AC. 

First stop, Williamsburg! My main want there would be Beverly Washburn who was in the Disney classic Old Yeller. Anything vintage Disney is a treasure. 

I arrive and most people are on lunch brake. So I hang around and wait. George Chakiris comes to his table. I met him before but I was commissioned to get a West Side Poster signed. So I get him to sign that and get a photo op update. The amazing thing is he is 87 and looks and moves like he's in his 50s. It's truly incredible. I should have asked him what his secret is.

Next up I meet Andrew Pine (Gettysburg). Then his wife Heather Lowe who is also an actress. Then I get my main want Beverly Washburn who is friendly. Then Claude Jarman Jr who was in Rio Grande starring John Wayne. Then Audrey Dalton (1953 Titanic movie). And finally actress Laurie Prange.

Beverly Washburn

Full list of Williamsburg Nostalgia Fest photos


Next up, Atlantic City! My main wants there are Clint Howard and Lita Ford (whom I failed on in the street).

First stop is Diane Salinger. She is most known for Pee Wee Herman but I like her from Batman Returns as Penguin's mom. She was wearing a face shield. As I approached her I made sure to try and be extra nice cause I knew I would have to sweet talk her to take a normal photo op. I paid the cash to her handler, got the shield shot. Then I tried to ask nicely for a no shield shot. At first she refused but then she said she would hold her breath and do it just for me. Success! 

Next up I go to Gorgeous George's table. I've known her for years so told her hello and said I had some business for her today. Someone had commissioned me to get 15 things signed for him. Paid her, got the autographs, and got a photo op update.

Then I go to someone that has eluded me for a while, one of the last Back of the Future characters I have yet to meet. Namely, Donald Fullilove aka the mayor. Then got Tamara Glynn from Halloween 5.

I stand in Lita Ford's line, get a photo op with her. Was good to get her out of the way after failing on her a few months ago. Then stood in line for Clint Howard, another main want from this con. Then got Scott MacDonald (Jack Frost), Jon Abrahams (House of Wax, Scary Movie), John Capodice (Ace Ventura), Walter Phelan AKA Dr Satan in House of 1000 Corpes, Naomi Grossman (American Horror Story), and Kimberly J Brown (Rose Red).

Decided to bite the bullet on Ritchie Ramon. Then played mini golf with Kush from NYC. It was my first time ever playing mini golf, somehow on my first ever strike I hit a hole in one. I couldn't believe it. I should have played the lotto.

Ended my time in Atlantic City with Dave Sheridan of Scary Movie fame. And it was off to New York City. 

Diane Salinger

Lita Ford

Clint Howard

Full list of New Jersey Horror Con photos

No comments:

Post a Comment