Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Kicking off August with a few meets and a con

Start August with Baha men, best know for the early 2000s song "Who Let The Dogs Out". After the show they were super friendly and met with all fans. I'm sure some of them are barely valid, but I did get the main two singers. Dyson Knight (who yells actual phrase WHO LET THE DOGS OUT" and lead singer Rik Carey.

Baha Men photos


Next up to Philly for Icons of Wrestling AKA RF Con. I mainly needed Slick because my old ops are not really valid. I get a photo op with Slick and his autograph on the WWE_E V1.

While there I got ECW original Tommy Cairo who is best known for his feud with Sandman. And I got a dual shot with Dexter Lumas and Parker Boudreaux.

Icons of Wrestling photos


After that it was off to the airport for two original members of Blue Oyster Cult. You have the two members that tour along with the barely valids. And you have the Joe and Albert Bouchard who are the rare members. Arrive at the airport and see Joe. He is super nice. But his wife was not letting him take the mask off for photos. Managed to talk them into a distant no mask op (which wasn't easy). Not the greatest but valid and counts. I think of it as no different than a shades shot. Not ideal, but valid. Then Albert who is also super nice and does a normal op.

Joe Bouchard

Albert Bouchard

Autographs


Then to a separate flight for DJ Spinderella of Salt and Peppa. I see her and ask and she's like "what do you want". I reclarify and say I want the op. She goes "c'mon" but sadly declined to take down the mask. Bust.

DJ Spinderella


Fast forward to mid August and I get info for two actors from the show Trying. One of them, Rafe Spall, was in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. And the other is actress Esther Smith.

So I went to the hotel not knowing if they were in, out, or even still there. I ask a guy who was with them in the event. He claims they are gone "to the next spot". But I am not too quick to believe that. Upon further research I have reason to believe they are still there but not in the rooms. Not long after I start waiting, perhaps 45 minutes later, I see both Rafe and Esther walking on the sidewalk to go back inside. I couldn't believe how I lucky I got to a point where I had to do a double take and look at the photos on my phone to make sure I'm not hallucinating. Indeed it was them, and they are super friendly. 

Wow it is not often you go to such a setup, wait, see your people not long after, AND they are  super nice. Usually you wait 5 hours and don't even see them!

Rafe Spall

Esther Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment