Saturday, February 4, 2023

First haul of 2023 is a WWE one

As I ended my 2022 combo endeavors with a WWE haul, I scored my first combos of 2023 with the same thing! A WWE haul!

It was the RAW XXX in Philadelphia. I was on the fence about going cause I don't need very many people from RAW and the legends I've seen so many times by now. But when I saw that LA Knight and Imperium were there, that tipped the scale for me. So during RAW I rushed to Philly. My plan was to swing by the hotel to see what could still be had, then do the airport. 

I rush hoping I don't fall asleep in my drive, and I make it to the hotel. As I arrive I see the Street Profits going up to their room. Apparently The Undertaker is still in the bar. I also see Drake Maverick sitting but I have him so there was no need to bother him.

After about 20 minutes or so Undertaker leaves the bar, people swarm him. About 4 of us get him before he dashes away, and by MIRACLE I manage to not only be one of those few, but I got a photo op and two autographs! I got him on two WWF magazines. 

This marks my first combo of 2023 and my second ever photo op with the Undertaker. It's an upgrade and a downgrade at the same time. I have an over the table shot from the signing near Tampa that I attended in 2010, so this is a standing shot. And one of the appeals of a photo op with wrestlers is how big they are compared to you. So because he's standing it's an upgrade. But in a way it's also a downgrade because he looks older.

The Undertaker


I start my airport trek going for Michin (Mia Yim). While there I spot Bobby Lashley and got my first photo op with him since 2008. Also got an auto. Then I saw Michin and got a combo. This marks my first fresh meet of 2023. 

As I am walking to the next flight I see Imperium. I ask Gunther and Ludwig Kaiser for the group shot and while taking the photo op Giovanni Vinci joins us! How cool is that? That group shot was the money shot right there! I still needed a solo shot with Giovanni Vinci since he's not next to me in the photo but they went to a lounge. It's ok I knew where they were going next (basically same place I was going).

I walk there and saw Bronson Reed sitting down. Asked him for the combo and he was nice. I got Finn Balor (repeat), Nikki Cross (repeat), LA Knight combo (fresh op). Saw Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae. Have them already but got the group shot plus autos. Saw the Street Profits and Bianca Belair but they were all not friendly. Saw Dakota Kai, Rea Ripley, Akira Tazawa, Adam Pearce but I had them all so no need to bother them. Solo Sikoa came with his hoddie and shades. I didn't even bother approaching him but saw others try and he waved them off before they could even ask. Thank God I didn't need him.

Imperium then came through, I got my photo op with Giovanni Vinci and autos with all three. The woman at the counter goes "do you want my signature?". 

Now we have down time. The Miz and Baron Corbin were at another gate but I didn't have a need for them and was tiered. So I rested while others went for them. Then saw Io Sky walk but didn't need to bother her. Then all of a sudden, Austin Theory and Dominik Mysterio walk by. I've needed a Dominik upgrade for a while. We go up to them and Austin remembered me from when I met him last August. I get the op with both and the auto from Dominik. 

Then I see Omos. I ask him to sign me an 8x10, he looks at me with a weird face as if saying "what the fuck? This guy again?". I guess like Austin he also remembered me from when I met him last August. I made it clear I only had one photo and he signed it while giving me that weird look.

Next up, got repeat ops with Kevin Owens and Alexa Bliss. Then saw Asuka. She kept the mask on for ops but I didn't even bother asking her to remove it as I have a great no mask op from pre COVID times. We got word that Bray Wyatt came through. Haven't seen him in years so wouldn't have minded getting him again. We go looking for him but don't find him.

Next up, Undertaker again. We are on our way to go for him, but run into X-Pac. I get an updated shot plus two autographs. Then continue on to Undertaker and we see him just sitting down waiting for his plane. I remove my coat and put away my camera so he doesn't recognize me from the prior evening (which worked). He was grumpy and complacent but signed for us. I got him on two encyclopedias. Essentially between my photo op and four autographs I got a 1K convention value! This ended the airport trek.

Imperium

LA Knight

Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae

Dominik Mysterio

Full list of photo ops

Autographs


WWE_E V4

Undertaker
X-Pac
Mia Yim
Bobby Lashley
Bronson Reed
Candice LeRae
Johnny Gargano
LA Knight (inside cover)
Dominik Mysterio (inside cover)
Gunther (inside cover)
Ludwig Kaiser (inside cover)
Giovanni Vinci (inside cover)

WWE_E V3

Undertaker
X-Pac

No comments:

Post a Comment