Thursday, November 22, 2012

Got some GOLD in the NICK of time


In early September of 2012 I attended an event in the hopes of obtaining Whoopi Goldberg and Stevie Nicks. Day is off to a good start when I get a combo and extra with Whoopi! I then got a combo and extra with John O'Hurley, photo ops with Joe Torre, Eric Cantor, Kenny "babyface" Edmonds, and a combo and extra with Harry Reid. 

Sadly no signs of Stevie Nicks. Now I had the option of pulling a Woodmo and calling it a night rather than wait another 8-9 hours for a chance Stevie Nicks (who by all accounts is almost impossible on the street). Instead I got some pizza and waited it out. It proved to be a good decision to wait. I got another Whoopi autograph, then I got a combo and extra from Melissa Manchester. Then Stevie Nicks came out and entered her car. She took one item per person in her car! She put everybody's name but she spelt mine wrong! She wrote it Stephen instead of Steven despite me repeatedly giving out the spelling. 

Thankfully I managed to rub off the name. 

The only failure of the evening was Nancy Pelosi who blew me off a couple of times. 






After a long and fruitful day, I went out clubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment