Friday, August 16, 2013

Bill Murray attempt Round 2

I venture again with Joresky for another attempt at a huge want of mine, Bill Murray. We arrive and we wait. While there we encounter two guys from NJ. When the witching hour arrives Bill is about to get in his car. We put an older lady in front of us in the hopes that it would increase the chances of him stopping. To a degree, our plan does work. He does stop and shakes our hand. I actually got to shake his hand. He happily poses with the old lady. Sadly, she bum rushed him and the Jersey boys began behaving like animals After which Bill promptly enters his car   This was a truly horrible horrible feeling. So close to an extravagant meet yet so far. The worst I've ever felt inside me since my encounter with The Macho Man Randy Savage. We then try at the next spot where the security guards make up lies about what I did in our last encounter. This was sadly the final nail in the coffin for Bill Murray. At least for the short term. Naomi Watts did some photo ops but since I already had a great shot I backed out from that one to give others a chance.
I would like to extend a big fuck you to the Jersey boys for acting like   and another big fuck you to the security guard for being the true  that he is! 

Moving along in an attempt to redeem things, I rush to a spot where I hope to get my #2 want after Bill, namely Amanda Seyfried‎ and also Bryan Cranston who was there. Sadly they both did it going in, so odds are they would do nada going out. First off Bryan Cranston goes in his car. I then go to his hotel. Sadly he stays in his car. So that shatters this hope. But who do I run into? None other than The Mooch  We both couldn't believe we saw one other. But this reunion would be cut short due to the fact that we both had photo ops to score. 

I rush back to the spot for Amanda. She just enters the car and does nada. Batting zero so far! 

After the Amanda blow off I go to another spot where I hope to have another chance at my #2 want! I secure a decent spot on the railing. Here is where I start seeing results. I first get Chris Noth and Adam Brody. Cool but already have them. Then I get my first decent score, Peter Sarsgaard from Green Lantern and others. When Amanda arrives this is now my chance to redeem myself. The whole crowd screams for her, and she signs! A good start. Now this is really good proof how you simply cannot stay idle in such settings. I vocally yell for her, begging her, pleading her, throughout the next few minutes. After I got my autograph and after multiple times of yelling her name and pleading, I score the photo op And a perfect shot it turned out to be! She only did 2 maybe 3 photo ops and I was one of them! I even manage to score a second autograph! Victory was mine! The day is officially upgraded from a total bust to a success! Sharon Stone also comes and only signs a few autographs, and I manage to get one of them! 


Despite this success there were failures as James Marsden AKA Cyclops did nothing going in and Hank Azaria AKA Gargamel in the Smurfs movies and who had number of major voice roles in the Simpsons did not do any photo ops going in. 

Now we play the waiting game again. Among other things I chat up with  about life and other stuff. He tells me about his summer fling that he met combo hunting in NYC. We also take a group photo op. He then leaves. 

After that the witching hour arrives and this is where success turns to even bigger success as I score photo ops with James Marsden (nice as can be), Hank Azaria (via some pleading), Debi Mazar, among others. When Amanda came out it was a total insane mad house as everyone was behaving like animals. I was delighted I already had my perfect shots as well as two autographs so nothing was worth dealing with that mad house. I simply relaxed and watched is awe as chaos ensued. Zachary Quinto is another name that was an asshole, but thankfully I already have a photo op with him. After this spot is extinguished we go to the next spot to try for Bryan Cranston again but sadly we don't see him. We get some names including Brad Paisley (who I already had) then call it a night to get some much needed sleep. 

Full photo ops from Day 1

Amanda Seyfried 

James Marsden

Hank Azaria

Group photo op 

Day 2 begins very early in the morning as we attempt for Teri Hatcher, who played Lois Lane in "Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman". There were rumors that Katy Perry was supposed to be at that spot, however when we arrived there weren't 5000 photographers waiting to take her picture, so I knew that there would be no Katy Perry. We have good railing spots as no one else was there, though a couple of dealers eventually arrive. Since I had nothing to get signed by her, I make a deal with one of the dealers. I would get two photos signed, and we each keep one. Sounds fair to me. When Terri arrives she was nice and smiling doing combos! I get the two photos done and get a photo op. This marks my third Lois Lane photo op as I already have Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth‎! Plus I already have Superman from that show so it was cool to get Lois Lane.

Moving on to the next spot where both Matt Damon and Jayma Mays from the Smurf movies are supposed to appear. Already have a Damon combo but figured he's nice enough that I can get an autograph from him and I never got Jayma. Damon was also supposed to be at another spot later in the day, however my rule for that spot is if it's an A lister and I already have a photo op with him, don't bother with it as it's not worth dealing with the immense crowds and shoving pushing involved with the spot. So it was here or bust for Damon. 

Jayma Mays was super nice to everyone and I got a photo op. To my shock, Damon does nothing there and even hides inside the car as he's leaving! Wow he's supposed to be one of the nicest celebs and the crowd wasn't even big. Yet for the big crowd later in the day he did combos. Goes to show you there are no rules. But no big deal for me as I had him. 

We then try for Taylor Lautner at a couple of spots, but to no avail. When batting low and all looks hopeless, always aim low at an easy spot to get something over nothing. And this is what we do. We try for actor David Morse and he was nice as can be. Got a photo op. Next we wait for Simon Pegg from Star Trek, Mission: Impossible, among others. Nice as can be, and we get photo ops. 

Our final stop for the evening was at a Breaking Bad event where I hope to get Bryan Cranston. But the cast moves to a different nearby spot and it came to a point where it didn't even look like Bryan Cranston was even there. The spot wasn't a total bust as we got Richard Belzer and singer Lou Reed. He didn't look for the first photo op but thankfully did another one. We also saw Keith Richards who did nothing for no one as he rushed into his car. 

Full photo ops from Day 2

Teri Hatcher

Jayma Mays

Simon Pegg

Autographs from both days

While I once again failed to get my top want, based on all that I did get, there's no way I can say I failed big picture wise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment