Friday, December 26, 2014

The Final Celebrity Meets of 2014

After the 2 days of horror, this is when I simply want to do nothing else. Unless of course I see a decent chance at a big want of mine. 

First came a shot at The Rock, someone I have a combo with but never managed to virgilize. 
I arrive at the spot and it would be joined by the PA crew. None other than along with non cancer infected Dave plus one other.

We wait for the stars to come out, but unfortunately it would seem like The Rock went out a different way. Hunter Hayes comes out and is as nice as can be. Christina Perri comes out and only stops for kids. Rita Ora comes out and doesn't stop. I already have a photo op with her but this would have been a nice upgrade as she is dressed up. I fail to get a shot but I do get somewhat of a shot via pap photos. Original members of Earth, Wind, and Fire also come out but don't stop. 

Unfortunately our fears came true and the Rock did indeed sneak out another door. I guess Rock virgilization would have to come another day

I consider this trek a total bust.

Hunter Hayes photo op

Rita Ora pap shot


My old Rita Ora shot, for reference


Next up was a shot at lead singer of The Bangles, Susanna Hoffs.



When I tried for The Bangles in Philadelphia I got the other two members but not her. So I wanted to rectify that. 

For this I had the info on where she was staying AND I had her outgoing. On the first night two graphers got her, so my options were the second night and the flight. I arrived at the place to get her leaving to go perform hoping I could be done with her early. But sadly I never saw her. 

So after a nap I attempt to get her coming back. After a long wait her van finally pulls up. She is really petite so one of her handlers made sure to stand in front of her thinking I wouldn't notice but I did. I called for her and asked for a photo op, but got blown off! WOW really after 7 hours total wait THIS is my reward? What a horrible "miscarriage" so to speak. 

To make matters worse, I did see singer Aimee Mann but second guessed myself. By the time I was sure it was her she was inside. She's not a huge want of mine but would have been nice to walk away with something over nothing. 

I wasn't optimistic about trying an early morning flight for her, but I put in this much time and effort into her (between Philadelphia and now) it would be stupid to just forfeit another shot at her. 

So I stayed in town and slept a few hours. I then go to the airport and wait. About 30 minutes later I see someone that looks like her but I wasn't sure. I called for her and asked for the photo op and she said "Suuree! Wow you're persistent" 

Not only did she remember me from the night before, BUT she also felt sorry for me and did the photo op! Wow! I had success with her! I couldn't believe it! 



Additionally, had I not seen her in person the night before I may not have recognized her. So waiting for her the night before was not a total waste for that reason plus for the fact that she felt sorry for me. 

I wanted an auto but she said she was in a hurry. I said I'd wait for her to check in. That took an extra 30-40 minutes but I got her to sign my vinyl then I run after her and beg and plead for a signed photo saying "I got the other two already" and she goes "I'm going to sign it quick" and she did it. I did have one more photo signed by the others but I chose to quit right there and then. 

That sure was more of a struggle than I had anticipated for her. I guess this is why shows like Chiller and Wizard World are gold. Even though you pay with money you get a guarantee. Here I paid with my time and health and almost didn't get it. 

As I drove home, I played some Bangles songs on my phone and they sure were a lot more enjoyable after getting the lead singer. 

Susanna Hoffs

Bangles signed items

No comments:

Post a Comment