Monday, December 1, 2014

Old school A list, current A list, and future A list in early November

Hardly getting any significant break after RICC, I set out in early November for some meets. And they were all basically impromptu meets.

First, I set out for Willie Nelson. I had him before but got some vinyls for him to sign. 

I arrive at the spot and park my car. After I park my car I run to the spot and as I run I see him getting out of his SUV from a distance! I ran faster! As people are getting him I manage to get two vinyls done! WOW JUST WOW!
Literally two minutes from missing him. And if I hadn't had the good sense to run I would have missed him. And given his age how many more chances of Willie Nelson will present themselves? Thankfully I didn't have to worry about the photo op. 

Willie Nelson autographs


A day later there was an event with Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, and Jessica Chastain. Never got Nolan or McConaughey, needed to virgilize Annie, and needed some Jessica autographs (and could use a better photo op). 

But wait, the venue has a garage they could use. Unfortunately this was the risk. I arrive at the spot and stood with other graphers. Not too long after an SUV pulled up and lo and behold, A list director Christopher Nolan comes out! And he is nice! I manage to get a photo op and my Dark Knight Trilogy blu ray set signed. He signed it in blue so I was concerned it wouldn't show up, but it shows up fine. I also manage to get the booklet that came with it signed. I told him "I already got David" referring to David Goyer whom I got at NYCC last year. I handed him my gold and he signed it. 

Sadly, the others all garaged it, but I got a combo and extra with my top want of the four, the greatest modern day director! So I would say a successful evening right there! 



Nolan photo op

Nolan autographs


Couple of days later I had a flight on up and coming actor Eddie Redmayne. He played Stephen Hawking in "The Theory of Everything" so he is quite possibly a future A lister. 

I waited at the airport and 40 minutes later he came out of his car. I ask for a photo op and he is nice as can be, removing is glasses and his handler took a photo op. I then shook his hand, a rare treat outside of an organized signing or convention. Wonder how much of all this will change when he makes it big. 

Redmayne photo ops


No comments:

Post a Comment