Thursday, September 15, 2016

Baltimore Comic Con plus Dick Dale

Get up in the early morning and head withfor Baltimore Comic Con. The first goal was to park. I almost immediately found free parking. I knew there was plenty of parking there on a Sunday, but I never expected to find it that quickly. 

Go in the con and we run into andwhen we go to Michael Rowe (Deadshot in Arrow). Thankfully all celebs are doing table ops. This means I will be getting photo ops. Get Rowe, then Candace Patton from The Flash, and Kristian Nairn from Game of Thrones.

Now I go to my top want a Baltimore Comic Con, Dan Jurgens. He is the co creator of Doomsday and played a huge role in the Death of Superman storyline from the early 90s. Sadly his line was apparently capped! WTF? But they say he's going to come back later.

So I go look for Fabian Nacieza who co created Deadpool. His prices depended on what comic you get signed. Certain ones like X-Men and Deadpool cost some money, while others are free. I did not feel like looking for comics that he would sign for free. So I decided to simply be happy with the free photo op. 

I then hover around the vicinity of Dan Jurgens and manage to mooch my way in the line. He had a donation box so I put in some cash and got comics signed including some I had Jerry Ordway and others sign at Connecticut Comic Con a couple of years back. I also get a great photo op. 

Now I had to get Joe Rubinstein to sign some of the comics I got Dan on. I go to him and he's charging $2 per comic. I got three done. I had a great photo op from Connecticut Comic Con so I didn't bother. I then rejoined Joresky for another round of Dan Jurgens and got more comics signed. This meant I now had more items for Joe but decided against spending more money. I did however get José García-López to sign one comic (again passed on the photo op as I had it from Connecticut Comic Con)

I ended my trek at Baltimore Comic Con with with a couple of comic book writers. Mike Curtis even had a free Dick Tracy comics which him and his crew signed. 

After Baltimore comic con I went to try for musician Dick Dale. I would be joined by a music grapher. This place sadly has the front and back which people can go in and out from. So we had to watch both ends. The show was supposed to start 7:30, he arrived at 7:55! Sadly he did nothing for no one. 

The show ends and we are 5 people waiting in the back. I had the good sense to wait in the front while still keeping everyone else in view in case he comes out the back. Sure enough, he came out the front and asks me "what do you want" I said I wanted a photo op but he denied citing that his roadies won't allow it. As he signed for everyone else (who rushed over thanks to me) I kept on pleading for the photo op but to no avail. I consider Dick Dale a bust and waste of time. 

Candace Patton

Dan Jurgens

Fabian Nacieza

Full list of Baltimore Comic Con photo ops

Signed Comics Part 1

Signed Comics Part 2

Dick Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment