Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Summer Slam Week Report Part 2

The next two days I would spend at the WWE hotel. I stayed there all day and night and day 3 and till early afternoon on day 4, after which I called it quits and left the city. 

On day 3 I would be joined by and at the start of it before they had to go to their Axxess signings. 

Early on it was decent but unfortunately the spot was so chaotic to a point where it almost seemed worthless. When it was someone I had a photo op with I didn't even lift a finger as it was not worth fighting for. Eventually they FINALLY setup barricades and things became more orderly. Throughout the day even lower NXT names were doing nothing for no one or you had to fight for it. 

One black mark throughout was never getting Kevin Owens. Each time he'd say he was with his son. I chose not to pay for him at Axxess first because I hate the way the photo ops are taken (front of table ops) and second I'd miss other photo ops. It was truly the type of setup where you had to dedicate the most time to get the most people because you never knew who would stop when. And third I figure if he stays with WWE more chances will come and if he's released RF will bring him to every con. 

Some highlights: 

First get of the day is The Big Show. I got him before so I made a fun pose. I also got autographs. 

I got an upgrade with Finn Balor cause the last time I got him was when he did Legends of the Ring. 

I knew when Bayley was flying in so I scored that photo op! YES! 

Updated my Big Cass photo op (last time I got him was 2012 when the training grounds was still FCW). 

Got a Kane combo as he was going to the gym. He blew people off the night before but did it for everyone in the morning. Gotta respect Kane. So many of today's wrestlers will never be as awesome and legendary as Kane, yet they are dicks. Kane on the other hand always wants to make people happy even if it makes him miserable. 

Woodmo notices Conner's family walking around, so I chase them down and Ira takes me photo ops with them. I also noticed an older lady do photo ops and didn't recognize her at first. Turns out it's Dana Warrior. I asked if there was any way I could do a family shot with her daughters but she said she wants them out of the limelight. 

I knew the incoming of Nakamura but he didn't stop when he arrived. I did get him hat and shades later on then hat no shades. Had to chase him down for the latter shot. He had one eye closed but that's how he poses. 

I got a club dual shot. Luke was especially annoyed with so many hounding them then Karl goes "you know how this goes by now"

I had info for a Jennifer Lopez film set. But after much soul searching decided to stay at the WWE spot. The reason being was I could take a chance at JLo who has blown me off multiple times in the past OR I could wait for multiple wrestlers and definitely get some of them. Especially the NXT folks who were due to arrive. Turns out JLo did photo ops but with shades. Shades or not it did sting but I hope to make that up in the next month or two.  

Samoa Joe wouldn't take a picture with me for some reason. It's ok I have shots with him. Rosita came for tryouts and she had sex with Austin Aries in his room. 

Sasha Banks did VERY few photo ops and I was lucky to get one. Happy with that upgrade cause when I first got her it was before she was called up. Here she has both the colored hair and title belt! Sure beats paying for it at Wizard World. 

Got bearded Sheamus for the first time. 

Get Alexa Bliss correcting my miss from the prior day. Also upgraded my Carmella shot to no shades. Got a good amount of NXT. Sadly Askuka would not stop. 

Becky Lynch was coming in late, so I figured it would be smart to wait for that before ending the evening. She arrives and I was one of the first to yell for her. I scored that first time photo op! Many were shut out. 

At one point I saw none other than Terence and James of Legends of the Ring come out of the hotel. I yelled at them for photo ops and Terence did a pose. They were getting autographs in private signings. Also saw Bill Paley from Wrestling Ink. 


WWE_E V2 autographs for the day include 

Karl Anderson - inside cover
Big Show - entry
Funaki - entry
Oscar - MOM entry
Brian Kendrick - solo and tag team entry

Conner's family take 1

Conner's family take 2

Dana Warrior

Big Cass

The Big Show

Finn Balor

The Club

Becky Lynch

Sasha Banks

Shinsuke Nakamura

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 2

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 3


Day 4 was a relatively short day. Got Kane combo again but the photo op is invalid. Still failed to get Asuka, sadly. At one point I tried going to the venue to see if Shane McMahon would show up but sadly no dice. One of the last things I got before leaving was a Dean Ambrose autograph with assist by Vanessa since at that point I no longer had a front spot.

Only WWE_V2 autograph I got was Albert on his entry.

I left early afternoon and this ended my Summer Slam week. 

Full list of Day 4 photo ops


non-WWE_E autographs for the past two days

Kane and Big Show Magazines

Dean Ambrose photo

No comments:

Post a Comment