Sunday, September 18, 2016

WWE September airport report

It's been so so long since I did WWE at the airport. And now the time has come to do it again. Luckily there were lots of flights including a mother load flight. I also wanted to get my wants out of the way so I wouldn't have to come back two days later. 

So I arrive with adelta plus another buddy. First flight is Darren Young. I was just along for the ride and got a photo op. Needed a good picture with his new look and this one is better than the NYC one because the cap he has here shows more of his face. He was nice as can be. 

Next up was an Enzo and Cass flight. I got Enzo in NYC and had Cass since 2012 but this was the dual op! First was Enzo and he did muti combos. Then Cass comes along he sees that and is like "ohhh shit" but then he is pounded and does multi combos. 

While they're leaving we manage to score the group shot! YES my first real success of the evening. 

After that was the mother load flight. In this flight would be two fresh photo ops for me, namely Kevin Owens and Braun Strowman.

First person we see is Seth Rollins, I ask him for one and he goes "you will get one but that's all you get" I tell him that's fine. He signs and I told him I got a photo with him before so I don't need to bother him with that. 

Roman Reigns is next and I get a photo op as the last photo op I got with him he was still with the Shield. Then a want of mine in Kevin Owens comes along, I get the photo op! YES! I also get him to sign a photo. Then Braun Strowman who says he will take photos after he finishes texting. When he was done we approached him and he does it! Second fresh meet! 

I get the New Day to sign an 8x10 and get Charlotte to sign an 8x10. Sasha Banks denied to do anything for anyone, so my 8x10 remained unsigned. There were lots I didn't have to bother. John Laurinaitis, Luke Gallows, hooded Karl Anderson, among others. Sami Zyan who was a complete dick in NYC was as nice as can be here but I didn't need him. I guess the unruly NYC crowd can truly affect the nicest of the nice. 

Apparently while I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, Seth Rollins was fascinated with me and kept looking at me whilst shaking his head in amusement and bafflement. 

Now the next challenge was getting a New Day group shot. We failed in our first attempt as Big E kept walking, but outside we managed to talk them into getting together for a group shot. YES! This group shot eluded me for so long. We again tried Sasha Banks but to no avail. 

After this sweeping victory it was a rush to get Nia Jax. While waiting we see Jack Swagger. It's been so long since I got a picture with him I don't have a "we the people" pose. So I got that. Then Jinder Mahal who is happy to stop. I got him on his WWE_E V2 entry and he goes "if only I still looked that good". 

Finally we spot Nia Jax and I get he photo op. I also get her on the inside cover of the WWE_E V2. Andrea D'Marco is with her and I get another fresh shot! 

I had honestly forgotten how good an easy mass WWE haul actually felt. It was really what got me started in combo hunting, and it had been so long. So this truly felt special! 

There were a couple of more flights coming in (Alicia Fox, Bayley) but I had them already so I was happy to go home. 









With the epic haul, I had zero intention to return to the airport two days later. But wait, Monday Night RAW Rusev and Lana make a surprise appearance! WTF? With that news, to my dismay this now meant I was due for the airport run part II 

Rusev and Lana were two people I have been cursed with for the past couple of years. I would either miss them or they would deny the photo op. In NYC I managed to get Lana with sun hat and shades but never saw Rusev. Last time I tried for both of them at this spot I never even saw them. So this time I needed a fail safe. I pulled some strings and put myself in a position where I was guaranteed to at least see them. 

I arrive and off the bat I see Enzo, Bo Dallas, and Dana Brooke. But I had no reason to ask them. Enzo was getting a drink and I pass by him and go "how you doin Enzo" and he smiles in happiness. It wasn't even the miserable and fake "hey wassup" he seemed genuinely happy. 

adelta tells me he got Sheamus with no cap. The first time I saw him with his new look was NYC and got a cap photo op. A cap shot here is particularly bad because his hair is part of that new look. So I went and saw him ordering some food. When he was done I asked and he was happy to pose, even shook my hand. Glad to see that Shemus is still a nice guy. In a crowd he's not as overly nice as he used to be many moons ago, but he still hasn't soured up like many. 

At this point it's mainly adelta getting people on his programs. When he went to Bo Dallas I got an update. I also got Bayley again. One humorous interaction was adelta and Bob Backlund. Backlund said he doesn't do photos at the airport and gave him a card to order signed posters. After much conversing Backlund accepted adelta's offer for a $20 photo op. 

Wait more and more for Rusev and Lana to show up. Finally they show up! I ask for a group shot Lana goes "no thank you" but Rusev agrees to the shot and FINALLY I broke my Rusev curse. As we were leaving we see Sasha Banks. I try for an auto but again she denies. 

After his success I go take a nap to prepare for other combo related endeavors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment