Friday, June 2, 2017

Multi day haul during NYC television festivities

This week is one of the weeks I dread most. As many NYC combo hunters put it, "everyone and their mother" comes out for this. Because of the time needed to put in and the crowd it draws, this basically brings forth a high level of pain and anguish. Both physical and mental. So much that I probably won't even want to recap most of it in detail. And this year I even decided to reduce it, as I realize I am getting too old for this.

Despite pain and misery, it was good seeing and hanging out with everyone I got to see and hang out with. 

This starts when me and start with a failed attempt at Sally Struthers in New Hope, PA. Friends of ours were successful in getting her a few days earlier so this inspired us to try. It ended in failure and from that point on when we began driving to NYC all the way throughout the week, Joresky would constantly recap the events that took place and constantly reminded me of it. This only added to the pain and suffering that was already taking place and was one of the factors that led to my aggravation all week. I am going to recap the incident here and this is my first and only time doing so. 

We waited. While waiting we grabbed photo ops with barely valids in her show but get blown off by one of them because his lady said we didn't see the show. Waited more. Then a gay guy comes up to us and introduces himself and says we can come up to meet Sally. We go with him but I am nervous as I tell Joresky it might be a decoy to get us out of position. As he goes inside I quickly go to a position where I can watch both Joresky and the door. We never see Sally. She seemingly snuck out while that gay guy took us away. What a low thing to do. He couldn't even come back to tell us that she is gone and we are not meeting her? Instead he made us wait for nothing and we missed photo ops in NYC. 

Full list of pre NYC photo ops


We head to NYC, park for free, then head to the first spot. The best names I got there I had. Then to the second spot for more names. After that we called it a night and commandeered our free parking spot for the week. 

Full list of NYC Day 1 photo ops




Day 2 is upon us. Started getting names at the first spot. Aritha Franklin came out but sadly photo ops were not happening. I got a photo op with unicorn suited Iain Armitage (new child actor) then got him non-unicorn suited shot two days later. 

The second spot is usually the most crowded and most stressful of the entire week. Lots of running around and pushing and shoving. I was running back and forth from the point where people would enter to the point where they exit. 

Got some first time wants in Jordana Brewster, Jussie Smollett, and Emily VanCamp. I also got my sole autograph of the week in John Cena. He complemented me on the photo. Upgraded my shot with Morena Baccarin and updated my Camren Bicondova shot (she is older now).

On the way to the next spot we run into Tracy Morgan and Queen Latifah. Latifah's driver says we can't stand there but we ignore him completely since it's a public sidewalk and he has zero authority. I needed Tracy more than her as I have a really bad shot with him. So when they stop talking I go for Tracy and Joresky goes for Queen. I get Tracy then when Joresky was done with Queen I asked and she did a photo op with me. Sadly I inadvertently screwed Greg but at the previous spot she went to his vicinity and he looked uninterested in even asking, so I assumed he got her at the previous spot. That was my bad and I feel guilty for it. 

Rack up more photo ops at the next spot, then go to two other spots before calling it a night. 

Tracy Morgan

Jordana Brewster


Emily VanCamp

Morena Baccarin

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 2

Full list of Day 2 photo ops part 3

John Cena autograph


Day 3 starts with a little break from TV festivities. Start at a spot for Danny McBride and Michael Fassbender, both wants of mine. Greg got Danny at a spot the day prior so that was painful to see. Therefore I had to get him. Michael is a huge want and he is not known to be the nicest. But I had a flight for him as a backup. If this spot didn't work, I was gonna pull all stops and go to the airport all the way till his boards the plane if necessary. 


Danny takes care of everyone going in! SCORE! Katherine Waterston does no photo ops going in or leaving. Michael does nothing going in but says he will take care of everyone leaving. I position myself in a prime spot for his exit and when he leaves I manage to score that shot! YES I was so happy I didn't have to trek to the airport. At this spot I also got Alan Menken who composed music for several Disney movies. 

Next spot, nothing too great. But I do encounter markedout's heelorton. 

Then to the next spot where I improve my Justin Hartley from prior days and get a great score in Elliott Gould! Also Matthew McCoy from Police Academy 5&6 was a complete random. Priyanka Chopra came and I needed a no shades shot. After much chaos I get a shot but thanks to a horrid Joresky photo bomb I actually prefer my second shades shot with her. Off to the next spot, then off to sleep. 

Danny McBride


Michael Fassbender

Alan Menken

Justin Hartley

Elliott Gould

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 3 photo ops part 2


The final day, and first spot is new territory for both me and Joresky. It was crowded and chaotic but I do well as I get a huge want in Luke Evans, Daniel Bruhl, and Rashida Jones whom I failed on multiple times in the past, at least photo op wise. It felt good to finally break that curse. Next spot where I rack more names, check out one more spot, then I go to the final spot for the television festivities. I did well last year but this year the setup changed for the worse and crowd was so horrid that I decided to cut my time with television festivities short. 


With my extra time I went to the police station to file a report on my incident. I then decided to do one last endeavor in Alison Janney. Waited and she came out with that stupid hat of hers but was nice as can be. I then headed out of the city, all tiered worn out. 

Luke Evans

Daniel Bruhl

Rashida Jones

Allison Janney

Full list of Day 4 photo ops part 1

Full list of Day 4 photo ops part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment