Friday, June 16, 2017

Kesha, Leno, Seinfeld, Kevin Hart, a great MASH, and more

There was an event with several celebs, but sadly I had most of them. Kesha was the only significant fresh name for me but honestly not really a fan of hers. My top want here was someone I already had, namely Hugh Jackman. I figured I could get some autos, upgrade my photo op, and in the process get a fresh Kesha, upgrade my Jay Leno shot, and get some autographs. 

I join markedout's adelta and the wait was long and in the process I get a photo op with a get if there name in Anthony Brown. After 3 or 4 hours of waiting people start coming in. 

Jay Leno was nice as can be. First shot was invalid as he commented on me doing a selfie on my camera, but thankfully I got another shot improving my previous photo op. Also got autographs. Ben Folds came and upgrade my shot. Both Hugh Jackman and Katie Couric did nothing for no one. 

Kesha arrives and takes care of every single person. Did autographs and photo ops for all, could not have been any nicer. Jerry Seinfeld arrives and starts signing. I asks if he minds if I get a selfie he goes "yes I mind". I do have a shot with him but I was hoping for an upgrade. 

Finally, Margaret Cho, who was in several movies most notably Face/Off starring John Travolta and Nicolas Cage comes in and stops for all. Joresky would join the party for exits. 

Exits was a lot less successful as both Kesha and Hugh snuck out. Jerry does nothing. Only got Katie Couric. 

Failed on my main objective, exits were basically a waste, but overall I'd say fruitful.

Kesha

Jay Leno

Full list of photo ops

Jay Leno autographs

Kesha and Seinfeld autographs


Next up an evening where I set out to get an actor that everyone has but I have failed on multiple times (for one reason or another). Namely, Kevin Hart. The book event were guaranteed photo ops and pre signed books but unfortunately the jpegs were low resolution. 

I go to the event, stand in line, get my photo op, and pick up my pre signed book. At the back I see someone taking photo ops not sure who he is but I get a shot in case. At this point I am informed by a combo hunter of a spot with Alan Alda. The name is familiar to me but I can't place him. I google him and it hit me. HOLY! That's a good name. He was in MASH, Tower Heist, among other things. So rush to spot where I find out Joresky left a few minutes ago. As I arrive not 2 minutes later he comes out. He signs for one girl waiting and I take the photo op of one guy. Then I get a photo op but it's invalid so I get another. After getting my second shot I take one final photo op for someone as he is pulled away to his car. 

I guess the combo Gods made me miss Kevin Hart all these years for a reason. If I had a photo op the last thing in my life I would have ever done was go to his book event. And subsequently would not have had Alan Alda (who is not a very nice guy for the most part). Talk about the butterfly effect in full force!  

I rush back to the Kevin Hart book signing where I hope to get a full rez shot and extras as he is leaving, but sadly he doesn't come over. I then go to the photographer to try to get my high rez jpeg and he denied me. I said that you can't even print an 8x10 he goes "you can print a 5x7". I told him I'd pay him $20 for the jpeg but he still denied saying "everyone gets the same thing". I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He refused money to send one email! 

As a last ditch effort to get the full jpeg, I tried contacting the publisher and this is all I got, and I quote: Unfortunately, due to the number of photos taken and customers served, the photographer's servers offer only the resolution for a 5x7 photograph. We capture at this resolution so we are unable to provide a higher output to our guests, so we are unable to get a higher resolution at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The time and effort and circles I ran around to try to get my high rez jpeg, you would think I'm trying to get Kevin Hart to appear at my son's birthday party for free 

Failed to get a proper rez Kevin Hart shot, but I got Alan Alda, an old actor who is difficult to get. I'd say a successful evening! I hope to one day get Kevin Hart again and virgilize him. I should add though, the shots I got were slightly better than either NYC or Philly events.  

Kevin Hart

Alan Alda

Signed book

Mystery black guy

No comments:

Post a Comment