Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Memorial day weekend celebrity meets

During the span of memorial day weekend I would go for meets, starting with the airport. Let us begin. 

First up I went for a flight for Auli'i Cravalho AKA Moana as I missed her during the television festivities in NYC. While there a Master spots actress Sissy Spacek who happened to be on the same flight as her! Awesome random! Then the target finally shows up. Her assistant said it's up to her if she does photo ops then her mom said no but I ignored her mom and asked her. She did the photo op no problem but then denied me autographs. Later on as she was waiting for transportation I managed to to pull teeth to get two autographs. 

Auli'i Cravalho

Sissy Spacek

Autographs


Next evening I have a flight for actress Mary McCormack (Private Parts, Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star, Deep Impact) and Robert Patrick. Already got Patrick at Monstermania so this was mainly for autographs. 

First up is Mary. We spot her with her daughter and she is nice as can be. Then later on Robert Patrick who racks for everybody. He had a hat and spectacles so I had no need for another photo op. 

Mary McCormack

Autographs


Next day was the day where I would dedicate the most hours. My first spot I wait for Judd Nelson (The Breakfast Club) and Tom Berenger. Since there are two ways to get in I position where I can see both doors. Two cars arrive and combo hunters attack Tom since they got Judd at the previous spot. Perfect for me, I needed Judd as I got Tom at Chiller. Judd takes a photo op and signs for me. I then get an autograph from Tom but don't bother with a photo op as he was wearing spectacles so it would have been a downgrade from my shot at Chiller. 

Go to the next spot where I meet up with and others. We wait and see nobody except Joe Mantegna who happened to be passing by. Seems they changed the hotel on us! Luckily I figured out where that was. I go there and upon arriving I get a photo op with Five for Fighting (he sings the great song 100 years) which I had to plead a little for. He goes "two minutes" then as I get my shot he begrudgingly signs one a piece for others. 

Wait till the evening for returns and it wasn't so successful as everyone I saw either didn't do it, I already had, or we couldn't spot. Most notably Laurence Fishburne who was his usual asshole self. I do get an upgrade with Robert Patrick. I like this shot MUCH better than the one I got at Monstermania. 

Judd Nelson

Five for Fighting

Robert Patrick

Autographs


Next evening I time it to dedicate the least amount of time in an effort to get what I missed the previous days. Photo op wise I needed actor John Ortiz and actress Anna Ortiz (no relation). Plus I needed autographs. Sadly all I get was John Ortiz and a Mary McCormack upgrade. We never spotted Anna Ortiz and everyone else either I had or didn't stop. 

One notable incident, was with Five for Fighting who I got the prior day and who was Joresky's top want. Joe Mantegna arrives and does photo ops for all. Joresky takes everyone's photo ops and as that happens Five for Fighting arrives. Now I could have yelled for Joresky right there and then but I didn't want to make it so obvious as the guy was right in front of my face. And I didn't want to get the photo op to get Joresky's attention because he wasn't that easy the prior day so I was afraid to get it then Joresky would not. So I simply yelled "heyyyy John" in an effort to get Joresky's attention. But Joresky is so enthralled in playing photog he is oblivious. After I tell him hello he tells me hello back as he moves away from me then I finally go "JERRYYYYY" then Joresky tries to run for him but is too late.  

Sub par evening but I got one fresh shot. 

John Ortiz

Mary McCormack


The final day was basically an upgrade day. I don't like my Martin Sheen photo op so I wanted to get another. Also there was Brian Dennehy who I need a better shot with. Sadly I forgot that Costco was closed so the only thing I had to get signed was my Amazing Spiderman 2 poster (Martin Sheen has a small role there so valid). 

On entries I upgrade my Finn Wittrock photo op and get blown off by get if there actor Christopher Jackson. We never see Martin Sheen who as he found out later came to the spot really early. At one point we see a Master run to a car so we follow and lo and behold Martin is leaving early. He takes care of us all and even asked me what poster is there. I tell him Spiderman. Primary goal accomplished. 

We wait for Brian to exit and he has an ugly ass beard. So this was now an autograph only mission. I was provided two 8x10s by the Master where he would get one. Sadly he did nothing for no one. I return the 8x10s and the Master whispers "follow me". But I thought he was gonna try to get Brian to do a roll down and at that point I was talking to a girl and didn't want her to see me run like a maniac as a first impression. Not that I wouldn't have done that if this were a photo op I needed. But for an autograph of Brian Dennehy I chose to stay with the girl to secure contact info. Turns out though the Master ran to where Brian was staying and racked him on 15 things!

While talking to her though I did see Christopher Jackson go out of another door then I ran to get him. The girl was waiting for Finn to exit but sadly we never see him. So he probably left from another door while we were at one door. I then drop the girl I just met home. 

Martin Sheen

Full list of photo ops

Autograph


No comments:

Post a Comment