Thursday, June 22, 2017

Some scattered meets late May through mid June

Start with some late May meets. First up is Joan Osborne who is best known for her 90s hit "What If God Was One Of Us". I decided to go for her instead of Sally Struthers for a second time since by all accounts Joan is a practically a guarantee. I arrive and find out that she is doing a post show meet and greet. So after the show I commandeer materials and blend in as I mooch into the venue. I line up and go up to her, get autographs then ask for a photo op. She says to wait till everyone is done. I wait and after everyone is done she gets up, we go to a background, and I get a photo op. I also got a photo op with the barely valid Brian Dunne who opened for her. Had Brian sign the material I already got Joan to sign and he was excited to do that saying he hadn't seen it. 

Sadly this was not without a PUNCH as I saw at least one Sally photo op. 

Joan Osborne

Brian Dunne

Autographs


Next up, Kiefer Sutherland. I already have a couple of photo ops with him, but I needed to virgilize him. So I go there and wait. We are three people, he arrives and ignores us. After a little while more combo hunters arrive and sadly more audience members join us. But he stops and takes care of everyone. Nice as can be. I got a laserdisc, a blu ray, and a DVD signed. He was wearing hat and shades so I had no need for another photo op. 

Kiefer signing for me

Kiefer taking care of all

Autographs


Fast forward to mid June. My target is actor Ryan Phillippe. I got him once in NYC but he has hat and shades. I also had both his incoming and outgoing flights, but when I got him in NYC he was on his way to the airport. So I figured going to the airport for him defeats my main purpose. Instead I decided to try the event. I go inside the event and see him seated. So now I wait for it to finish. And boy it is dragging and dragging ugh how tedious. Finally it ends. He is nice as can be. Get a perfect shot plus autographs. 

After the fact another grapher points out former senator Elizabeth Dole. So I ask her she agrees. Go in an elevator with her, get the shot, leave. Came out a little blurry but valid. 

Ryan Phillippe

Elizabeth Dole

Autographs


After this success go to a venue for the band Toto. There are four members to get in this band, three of which are original (the lead guitarist and two keyboardists). The fourth one, namely Joseph Williams, son of the legendary John Williams, is the current singer who has been with the band since 1986. But he is in very few albums and none of the hits. However, he has other credentials to his name. He is the signing voice of Simba in The Lion King! He also did some composing work for movies. For instance he composed the original song for the Mex Rebo band in Return of the Jedi. 

Wait for it to break and wait. Immediately we see a van leave and what looks like lead guitarist Steve Lukather inside it. When the van returns I ask the driver if that was Lukather and he said yes. As we wait we see Steve Porcaro, nice as can be. Get a photo op plus autographs. Next up, Joseph Williams. Again, nice as can be. Get him on my Walmart exclusive Simba figures already signed by Matthew Broderick. Hope to get the voices of child Simba one day. Didn't get him on my album because he wasn't on it. 

David Paich comes out. Isn't as nice as the others but I manage to get a photo op and 2 of the 3 items I had for him, including my vinyl. The van that initially left comes back with its passenger and it actually wasn't Lukather but a barely valid that looks like a younger version of him. To make his evening I get a photo op with him. 

Finally, Steve Lukather comes out and he is nice as can be. Get a photo op plus my items signed. It's good to spend a day where basically everyone is actually nice and accommodating (for a change).

Full list of Toto photo ops

Autographs


Next day I have two trains. An outgoing for actress Olivia Munn and an incoming for actor Eddie Izzard. I have a photo op with Olivia but it's invalid. So I wanted to get another. First up is Olivia. While waiting a pap spots a guy from the Bachelor named Chris. I get a photo op. Finally Olivia shows up and is nice as can be. Get a photo op and autographs. 

Next up wait for Eddie. A Master is there and says he's 50/50 but brought him some photos as gifts to increase our odds. Finally Eddie shows up and sadly he is drag queen suited. Ugh! He gets the gifts then as he starts signing for the Master's stack he says he'll do four. I then get a photo op and autographs. Sadly I may have to go for him again but at least this shot is valid. 

Later that evening I would go to the airport for Stan Lee in the hopes of getting a signed comic book. But he is wheeled through doing nothing for no one. 

Chris

Olivia Munn

Eddie Izzard

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment