Thursday, November 16, 2017

I faced the FIFTH ELEMENT and had to DIE HARD

On a day in mid November I decided to venture for a big want of mine that I've failed on in the past: Bruce Willis. I was not optimistic as he is not known to be the nicest, especially photo op wise.

There were other names there, but most of the non-scrubs there I already had. Names such as Gloria Estefan, Tony Bennett, and Vanessa Williams. Josh Groban was the only significant fresh name I stood to gain (besides Bruce) but he is pokemon for me.

The day starts it's just me and one other combo hunter. Get Michael Feinstein and Savion Glover. Josh Groban comes in and I get a combo completely ignoring security's demand for no photos. Sadly the photo op is invalid as his eyes are closed. Gloria is her usual friendly self and I get autos. Then Michael Bublé hat and shades shot, then Chris Botti photo.

Still 2 people, the witching hour is upon us as Bruce Willis pulls up. He comes over and is signing. I get one and as the other grapher is getting three I am pleading for the op. 

Bruce goes "well take it" but he doesn't pose. He continues "take it". Then when he's about to leave he goes "you're not quick enough" I respond "but you're not posing" and he goes "well quick, I gotta go to work". I then take the selfie, I not only score a valid shot but he is smiling! I was in such a state of euphoria after this success the staff on hand couldn't believe what they were seeing. I then ran down the street away from the venue and yelled and screamed with joy! Sucks the shot has a slim beard, but in NYC when he did $150 American Express black card exclusive m&g at his shows he had both facial hair and a cap. So I got the better deal here, full combo and no cap without paying $150! From this point forth I am in bonus mode.

Back in position, Josh Groban is leaving and I explain to him the invalidity of my first shot and ask for another. The security guard goes "you already got one" but he comes over and takes a valid shot with me. This is where my lucky Bruce shot seems even luckier. Not 5 minutes after Bruce is inside 3 more combo hunters arrive! Had those 3 arrived any earlier we would have been 5 and ZERO CHANCE he would have done any photo ops (though most likely he would have still signed).

Vanessa Williams comes in. I needed a better shot and got the full combo. Got Gloria auto on exit and Brian Stokes Mitchell photo as well.

When Bruce left the car pulled in which meant no access to him. All the other graphers went to his hotel and got 2 each but no photos. One grapher apparently pleaded for the photo op to no avail, cementing my theory that had we been more than 2 people no way I would have had the photo op. Wow how the combo Gods shined upon me. Wow just wow! Lucky Bill and Bruce shots within a 30 day time frame! On a side note also saw Stevie Wonder pull in the spot no access to him either. But I already have two ops with him and his autographs aren't even valid as they are his handler's auto.

After some dead time Tony Bennett drives in. When he drives out I hold up my photo and he rolls down, we are 2 people and get 1 each. More time passes. Bruce comes and does nothing saying he can't right now. I get Wé McDonald and upgrade my Michael Bublé to no hat/shades. Also got another Vanessa autograph.

Grab some taco bell as there is some dead time. Then come back as the evening ends. Bruce racks it out and I manage to get two items done including my Fifth Element blu ray! He actually took my items and signed them then handed them back to me! Vanessa was all dressed up so I went for an upgrade though I prefer my earlier shot due to the weird pose she gave. Tony Bennett left, ran after the car, he did a roll down and got another item signed. 

After this rushed to another spot for John de Lancie from Star Trek but he had already left. I hope to try that spot again in the future.

Bruce Willis

Josh Groban

Full list of photo ops

Bruce Willis autographs

non-Bruce Willis autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment