Saturday, November 4, 2017

New York Comic Con Week Report Part 1

Wednesday

My NYCC week starts the evening prior to NYCC. I arrive in NYC and try a spot to see who I see. The Chucky cast is also staying there. Get an upgrade with Brad Dourif and a first time shot with actress Christine Elise. Then I go to a show to get Elizabeth McGovern and Anna Camp. Sadly they went out a different way so I only grab the barely valids in the spot. Though one of them is Anna Baryshnikov, daughter of Mikhail Baryshnikov. Checked out some other spots for randoms but came out empty handed. Commandeered my free parking spot and called it a night. 

Full list of Wednesday photo ops


Thursday


The day starts out at the mighty Javits center.thinks we are headed for a bust, but my fears are cleared away when I get a combo with a want of mine, John C McGinley. Got some other names including Fiona Dourif, update with Jason David Frank, Robert Patrick with shades (which I liked cause he had shades as the T-1000), among others. 

Went inside the building and got the band Nerf Herder (who played the Buffy theme song). I chose to stand between the lead singer and drummer since these were the two original members who played the song. Then got Marli Renfro who was the body double in the iconic shower scene of Psycho. Back outside where I got more names, including a Keanu Reeves combo (in my previous shot he has sleepy eyes) and Vanessa Marshall who denied me going in but I managed to break down to pose with me as she left. 

Now I had a choice, go to a spot for Steven Spielberg or try for Sarah Michelle Gellar. The Spielberg setup was the exact setup where I met him in the past and he would only sign and do no photo ops. So I opted to try and upgrade my hat and shades shot with Sarah. I arrive at the spot and see a car that is likely hers. No other combo hunters in sight! I see her on stage from outside, then finally she is done, I see her come out of a door and ask for a selfie and she goes "quick have your camera ready" and I score the money shot with her! There was a security guard who was working for another building standing there and he congratulated me. 

As I predicted, Spielberg only signed and did no photos. I speak to Vanessa the Jersey Shore Stalker and she says he may still be at the spot. So I head there and meet up with her. As I'm there I see some Masters with Mike Myers photos! The shot I have with him he is covering half his face with his arm, essentially a reverse hat and shades shot. Spoiler alert, this spot turns out to be an all nighter but well worth it. 

Tony Bennett leaves and I get him to sign. Gina Gershon is a "common" NYC name but I got her for the first time so I was happy with that. Get actor more names including actor Timothy Chamalet. Fail to get Army Hammer but had him already. Finally Mike Myers is spotted and by some miracle I score the money shot! First shot was blurry, I cried and plead for another then manage to snap a perfect shot. Not only that I managed to get my camera to take the shot right before his hand begins to cover his mouth! I was ecstatic! 

Sadly Spielberg would garage out but I rounded the evening with Blythe Danner from Meet the Parents. 


John C McGinley

Marli Renfro

Keanu Reeves

Vanessa Marshall

Sarah Michelle Gellar

Gina Gershon

Mike Myers

Blythe Danner

Full list of Thursday photo ops Part 1

Full list of Thursday photo ops Part 2


Friday

The day is off to a bad start as I attempt to upgrade my Scott Eastwood shot and get a first time John Boyega shot. Both barely do anything and I get nothing. Move to another spot where I meet up with marked out MODS and get Rufus Sewell who I know best from Dark City. In hindsight that would be a wasted effort as I get a better shot with him later in the day. 

Move back to he Boyega/Eastwood spot. Get some names but fail on a Scott Eastwood upgrade. I do manage to get his autograph though. Wait for Boyega to exit but sadly it is getting time to go for my Felicity Jones photo op (the only paid photo op I got this entire NYCC). Go in, spit Felicity with board member 50 Shades of Rey, I'm ready to rush back for Boyega but was informed he snuck out.

Back outside the Javits where I get more names. I even go viral on youtube as Mark Hamill keeps skipping me for the photo op as he goes down the line. I got a clean shaven shot with him in 2011 but I wanted a shot with him because he has a beard just like in the new movies. I manage to go on the street and get him on a roll down. I wanted a no shades upgrade with Elijah Wood and the damned autistic Montreal guy ruined it with a photobomb that can't be validly edited outI also got him on a Lord of the Ring DVD cover. Tried to get a suited Bruce Campbell shot but he made idiotic poses making photo ops worthless (I got him at a con a few years ago so no biggie).

The cast of the Runaways do nothing going in. I left to another spot for Family Guy voice actors. I needed two names including Mike Henry AKA Cleveland Brown. Seth Macfarlane was supposed to be there but fortunately he cancelled cause I have him and his presence would have made it impossible to get the others. Go back for the Runaway cast but sadly nothing leaving either.

After that I go for Star Wars Rogue One actor Riz Ahmed. But he is a dick and does nothing for the 3 or 4 of us waiting. Go to a random spot and grab some more photo ops. Then call it a night. 


Mark Hamill with beard

Elijah Wood with horrid photobomb

Rufus Sewell

Felicity Jones

Mike Henry

Full list of Friday photo ops Part 1

Full list of Friday photo ops Part 2


Now to showcase some autographs obtained within the last couple of days

Signed photos

Other items

No comments:

Post a Comment