Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Some scattered meets throughout October

Figure I'd get out the little things before doing the bigger reports I have left for October.


October begins with a flight for actor Miles Teller. I met him in NYC in the past but I wanted to try for both a no shades shot and autographs. I arrive and here you can appreciate not being in NYC. At a NYC flight Miles Teller would have no less than 10-20 people. At an early morning spot he'd have about the same amount. Here, I was literally the only one. I spot him with cap and shades though I'm not 100% sure it's him. I follow then he removes his shades and I instantly recognized him. When he arrives at baggage I go up to him and ask for a selfie and he does it no issue. To boot, hit cap is on backwards so half his head isn't covered! I ask for autos he denies. I wait a little longer to plead some more for autos but he blew me off again. As I found out in the event the next day he signed nothing for no one.

Photo op


Around mid October I go for old school actor Don Murray who was in Bus Stop starring Marilyn Monroe and was in one of the older Planet of the Apes movies among many others. 

I arrive and find an older autograph hunter who says he's already in and that he himself is only here because he is waiting for the parking garage to close up so he can exit without paying the $5 fee (I was parked in a legal free spot). I was a little upset I'd have a bit of a wait but as I find out Don went to the bathroom and has been walking around. So I waited for him to be done and I got him no issue! Nice as can be. Wow if only all combo hunting endeavors could be that easy.

Photo op

Autographs


A few days later was Barney Miller himself, Hal Linden. Arrive at the spot and after his show let out he came out almost immediately. He was trying to rush away from us but managed to quickly get the photo op and autographs.

Photo op

Autographs


Next up I decided to try for Guns and Roses. I knew I had next to no chance at them but in combo hunting the only guarantee is if you don't try you will get nothing. After all how many times in 2017 did I take a shot in the dark and it paid off? Before going there I went for Steve O from Jackass, a "common" name where the stars never aligned for me. He was doing a m&g after his show, then he stepped outside not sure why. When he was coming back into his m&g he did the photo op with me no problem.

Went to the Guns and Roses venue and Chris Rock went inside to visit them. Sadly I didn't realize it was him till it was too late and I could use a better shot. On Chris Rock's exit venue security tried to stop me from going up to him but I ignored all their demands and kept trying, sadly to no avail. Guns and Roses went in their buses and did not come out to greet fans.

Photo op


After Chiller Theater Saturday night I had to make a decision. Do I go for Mario Lopez at his Women's Expo appearance to try and improve my photo op? Or do I go to an airport to try for Clint Hill. Who is Clint Hill? He is a secret service agent that is the sole survivor of the JFK assassination car.




After much soul searching I decided on the older man that I had no photo op with. Went to the airport and waited. I spotted him and he was as accommodating as can be.

Photo op

Autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment