Monday, March 19, 2018

Some political and music meets

There was a JFK related political event. No one of significance was slated to appear, but I figured I'd roll the dice and attend because you never know who might show up (like for instance a former president). Gotta play to win and sometimes you don't win. In this instance lots did show up randomly but sadly no one worthwhile. But I still did not leave empty handed.

Also, due to the memories of my Kate Upton blunder I always get what's in front of me. And you never know who may run for president or vice president. Even age isn't a factor, just look at Donald Trump and the commie Bernie Sanders.

So I grabbed my stock of political 8x10s and went there to see what would happen.

Photo ops I got include John Lewis, Sherrod Brown, Doug Jones, and JFK's grandson Joe Kennedy III. Got an update with Steny Hoyer. Saw Elizabeth Warren but she did nothing (I only wanted autos).

I saw Marco Rubio and didn't need a photo op. So I got autos from him. As usual I saw Nancy Pelosi again but did not need a photo op. She actually signed and commented that this is a good picture (I see her so much I always keep one Nancy Pelosi 8x10 on me at all times so now I gotta print a new one).

Got combos from two of JFK's children, namely Kathleen and Kerry Kennedy. They signed the JFK announcement for candidacy transcript that I mooched from the event. When I was done combo wise I then mooched some horderves. 

Full list of photo ops

autographs


Next up was a train for composer Philip Glass. He also composed music for a lot of movies including the Truman Show and Watchmen. Arrive and his handler is saying they have to go. I beg for the op to no avail as they all walk away. Follow to where he's picking up a cab and he starts signing. Despite the handler saying one per person I get multiples. I then ask again for the photo op and he finally agrees.

Go to the airport for the band Sum 41. Not a huge fan but I figure I'm already out might as well pick that up. In the band are 3 valid members and 2 barely valids. See them and they are all nice as can be, signed and took photo op. I heard at their prime they were nasty and one of the first bands to call out ebay. But now? Wow could not have had a more pleasant time. I actually printed only 2 things cause of the stories I heard. But I feel I could have had more done.

Funny story, I had checked the flight for only the 3 valid members (the singer Deryck who is original and Dave and Jason who are not original but on the first albums released). Didn't check the flight for the barely valids. But when I noticed one of them I got the combo. Then I saw a guy with a beard and wondered if that was the second barely valid. On google images  and the photos I printed none of the shots showed him sporting a beard. So I pulled up his twitter and saw that this was indeed him.

Phillip Glass

Sum 41

autographs

No comments:

Post a Comment